How do I get my things back from a girl I dated?

So for about a month and a half I had been going out with the same girl, but before we got too serious we decided to break it off. Basically despite getting along we didn't have a lot of chemistry or common interests and after getting to know her better over time I discovered she had some loyalty issues in her past and as a loyal person it bothered me. So, we split off with intentions of staying friends.

It wasn't too big a deal for me as we hadn't gone out long and I didn't feel that much chemistry with her romantically so being friends worked fine.. Until one day as we were having a normal text conversation she brought up that she was "lonely without me the other night". I said that I didn't know how to respond to that and she reacted embarrassingly. From her exes she was use to "breaking up" but not really "breaking up" if you get me and I don't do that dance. Period. Too much emotional baggage gets tied up when you start playing that game.

But anyway, ever since that text she's been contacting me less and less and I can tell that she doesn't want to bother with keeping me as a friend. That's fine, I can understand. The problem is that I had left a few articles of clothing and a small bundle of my best friends dvds at her apartment a few weeks before we mutually decided continuing a relationship wasn't for the best.

I can live without a few bits of my wardrobe but the small bundle of dvds isn't even mine but my best friends and he paid a lot for those movies so I feel like I owe it to him to return his dvds. The issue is I don't know how to kindly ask for my stuff back from her or rather my friends stuff back. Does anyone have any suggestions? I don't want to be a prick about it but I just want to be able to get my friends dvds back.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I was in a similar position last year. I texted him saying that I was looking for a couple of books and couldn't find them. I asked if he had see them. He responded with a yes (I knew they were there though). Then I asked if there would be a convenient time for me to get them and offered lunch as a point of exchange. In your case you could add that your friend was looking for them, just incase there are hard feelings and she is thinking of keeping them.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• Well I have lost a lot of stuff in a similar situation but I chose to let it go instead of asking it back. Just ask yourself should you or should you not and whatever is the first answer that comes to your mind, just do it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I agree with CheshireCat89, it is best to ask her if you can have the stuff back. Let her know the stuff belong to your friend and you are responsible to return them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah. Just tell her you want them back. Why the confusion on this one?

0|0
    0|0
  • Just tell her your friend wants his DVDs back.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Just be straight up and tell her that you left some DVDs that were your friends at her house and you want to pick them up. Since you waited awhile to do this though, who knows if she still has them

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes