How do I get my things back from a girl I dated?

So for about a month and a half I had been going out with the same girl, but before we got too serious we decided to break it off. Basically despite getting along we didn't have a lot of chemistry or common interests and after getting to know her better over time I discovered she had some loyalty issues in her past and as a loyal person it bothered me. So, we split off with intentions of staying friends.

It wasn't too big a deal for me as we hadn't gone out long and I didn't feel that much chemistry with her romantically so being friends worked fine.. Until one day as we were having a normal text conversation she brought up that she was "lonely without me the other night". I said that I didn't know how to respond to that and she reacted embarrassingly. From her exes she was use to "breaking up" but not really "breaking up" if you get me and I don't do that dance. Period. Too much emotional baggage gets tied up when you start playing that game.

But anyway, ever since that text she's been contacting me less and less and I can tell that she doesn't want to bother with keeping me as a friend. That's fine, I can understand. The problem is that I had left a few articles of clothing and a small bundle of my best friends dvds at her apartment a few weeks before we mutually decided continuing a relationship wasn't for the best.

I can live without a few bits of my wardrobe but the small bundle of dvds isn't even mine but my best friends and he paid a lot for those movies so I feel like I owe it to him to return his dvds. The issue is I don't know how to kindly ask for my stuff back from her or rather my friends stuff back. Does anyone have any suggestions? I don't want to be a prick about it but I just want to be able to get my friends dvds back.

24

Most Helpful Girl

• I was in a similar position last year. I texted him saying that I was looking for a couple of books and couldn't find them. I asked if he had see them. He responded with a yes (I knew they were there though). Then I asked if there would be a convenient time for me to get them and offered lunch as a point of exchange. In your case you could add that your friend was looking for them, just incase there are hard feelings and she is thinking of keeping them.