Anyone's opinion on why he did this?

So this guy and I dated for slightly more than a month. It was nothing more than a school relationship but we texted a lot. We met between classes. We never held hands or kissed, because I wait for him to make the moves. I'm not the type of girl who pushes herself into someone. Anyways, he slowly showed less effort. Sometimes I would wait for him and he wouldn't even show up, I felt like a fool. So I slowly showed less effort too, but I really liked him. I just don't want to be chasing after someone who I don't feel like wants me... It hurts. The past few two times we met up, I barely talked because I got nervous and scared. I didn't know what to say. Then the following morning, he wasn't waiting for me (he usually waits in the morning). His phone was broken so I couldn't text him. I had to ask his friend to ask him if we're still dating, and he said no. I texted him when I figured that he got his phone fixed, but no reply... So now we just make like two second eye contacts. He didn't even talk or text me he broke up with me and why.. I understand he doesn't want to deal with the break up bs, but it really hurts :( I cried so bad and I don't even know why. It's only been few days and I still want to cry.. Why couldn't he even apologize /':

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm sorry to hear about this. sounds like he didn't really know how to treat you properly.

my advice is in the future that you have to take some things. You can't be completely passive in the relationship. If you like him show him. If you want to talk to him, call, text, etc. Try to take a stronger role in your relationships so that the guys you are with don't feel like they can just walk all over you. It will also demonstrate to the guy that you care and have interest.

but I am sorry to hear about his lame break up. that's pretty cowardly in my opinion to just fade out on someone

0|0
    0|0
    • I was just afraid that I would be annoying him if i got clingy... /: and it's okay, it was pretty lame but I think I'm getting over it. Thank you :)

• well there's a difference between clingy and just being around. I think a lot of girls (people) are afraid that they'll appear clingy, but the fact is a real relationship has some elements of "cling-on" involved. a relationship is two people who want to be with each other, talk, share, and be involved. there's clingy where you call too much, or demand too much, but then there's clingy that's sort of just the part of the good relationship. it's just a matter of finding that line

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• If you really like him, dare to make a move... ask him if he has a few minutes for you and just tell him you feel good with him and you want him to know that.
    There's no problem either to tell him that the "on and off" feeling between you, caused some nervousness and was the reason why you lost your enthousiasm.
    People always told me: if you really want something, go for it!

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds like there needed to be better communication all around. Really sounds like he's not stepping up to the plate or being adult, so I would count yourself lucky you found out early what kind of person he is and move on to someone ready for a mature relationship

0|0
    0|0
  • Well nothing serious even started, I'd suggest no need to do anything. In case you feel like crying just let it out it'd help you cope up with the situation. In case you go after him and chase him you going to make a mistake...that's it

0|0
    0|0
  • Simply put, he has no balls.

2|1
    0|0
  • Simply put, he has no balls

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• Be wary of many today's toms...They are sporadic, unpredictable, and non committal, as well...And when scared and feel cornered, they grow Cold webbed duck feet and waddle quickly back into the murky waters from which they came. This bird was no exception.
    Lick your wounds and consider it a blessing that you know Now what kind of turkey you were "dating," sweetie." Being it was nothing more than "between classes," he may have found another Outside of school, Wherever, and this was his reason for the season brush off. Perhaps, too, he found you both didn't have that certain chemistry, and he made no real attempt to Do much of anything, And that included pushing buttons on his end.
    A guy like that doesn't feel he owes anyone a living Nor an apology. He is the type who will drop you like a hot potato, but before he does, he gives you the ol' Cold shoulder And No text treatment to go with it. This is way of saying "Move on."
    Dry your tears and-----Move on-----to someone more deserving. He's not worth One More precious tear you shed for him. There's plenty of fish out there Who Do want to be hooked, and when you find him, he'll be the catch of the day, and someday...for life.
    I'm so sorry for your pain. I'm giving you one of my big Sweet P hugs, and being it's the weekend, hook up with some friends, and forget Any "two second eye contacts." There's More looking your way...
    Good luck.xx

0|0
    0|0
  • @ILLNEVERBEUNDERSTOOD This guy is a complete loser and a BIG coward. He had his friend break up with you; that is enough supporting evidence right there. I know you're torn right now, but this guy acts like he's a middle school boy. You deserve much better than that and I know you know that too. The reason why he didn't tell you that he broke up with you, is the same reason why he never made a move on you. That is because he has low self confidence and is scared man. From the sounds of it, he probably broke up with you because on your date that you were describing (with you feeling nervous and shy) he thought you weren't into him. Got scared, afraid of rejection broke up with you first. You're lucky this guy is out of your life.. he's something else. Wow, i'm still trying to process this!

Sincerely,

Erotica

0|0
    0|0
    • We haven't been on a date yet, but I guess it doesn't really matter now. I just wanted to thank you. Reading your comment really made me feel slightly better.

• I'm happy it did, no problem.

• You ll get over it in no time. Believe me. It's better this happened now before you even fall for him.

:)

0|0
    0|0
  • Thats just bs. You did all you could and he did nothing. He is such a jerk.

0|0
    0|0
  • Whats a school relationship? Did you ever hang out outside of school?

1|0
    0|0
    • No, I'm not allowed to date. We were planning on it.

Recommended myTakes