Ex confronted my dad about our relationship and now he's upset with me?

Ok in Islam dating isn't allowed but I didn't care and wasn't that religious when I was 15. I totally regret it though. It was a huge mistake. I went out with this guy in high school who was a total jerk but good looking. Anyways he ended up cheating on me and I broke up with him. He tried to win me over but I kept rejecting his advances. I guess he was upset I wouldn't fall for his trap. Well to present day, while my dad and I went for a walk at the park, we ran into my ex. He had the stupidity to tell my dad about our relationship. Every detail. I was quiet because I was shocked he would do something like this even though he was a jerk I didn't think he would stoop this low. I told my dad it wasn't true but he wouldn't believe me because I was being stupid and not saying anything at first. I was scared he was going to send me to Pakistan because that's what my uncle did to my male cousin when he found out he had a gf. but so far all he has been doing was ignore me for a week:( I mean it's great he's not sending me to Pakistan but it hurts that he's ignoring me. What should I do?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Write him a letter saying how sorry you are and you will take what punishment that is coming to you.
    And will make it up to him

1|0
    0|0
    • This is a good idea! Thank you.

• Show All
    • it worked!!! thank you so so so much:)

• You are welcome. Hope the punishment not to bad

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• Live your life ! Screw the archaic religious rights and wrongs. Religion should not be about control !

0|0
    0|0
  • Your dad is mad because it was embarassing. An older guy dont get told of or be embarassed coming from a little guy.

I know you were scared, and couldnt speak up for yourself. Somehow your dad needs to know you broke up with him and the traps.

My advice is this: find a good guy friend that is prolly your dad respect. If you have an older brother even better. Or look for a guy cousin you trust that is in esteem of your father. Tell and talk with your guyfriend about it and ask for his advice and help. He can talk to your dad about it.
    Or look for an uncle or a friend of your dad to talk about this. Tour dad must know that kid was a player and that you did a noble thing to break up with him.. if you did kiss or slept with him then I don't know how to help you but im guessing good you didn't. Anything else please ask.

0|0
    0|0
    • Sorry I couldn't comprehend the first few sentences. I wasn't scared. More like shocked. I tried telling him but he keeps ignoring me. Just as another user suggested, I'm going to write him a letter. My older brother tried to talk to him but he got wouldn't listen to hin either. I don't want to get the entire family involved though but thanks for your input

• Show All
    • You sound like a really good daughter actually :)

• Aw thank you. I hope he'll see that. Now he has trouble trusting me:/

• Talk to him, say u are sorry, hug him and promise him u'll not do anything reckless again :)

0|0
    0|0
  • That's sad I'm sorry ;(

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• wait for it to pass, your dad will eventually start talking to you... mean while id think about getting revenge on that ex of yours

1|0
    0|0
  • what a fucking asshole =/

I don't know, I mean... your family sounds kinda unreasonably strict =/ I mean I've known muslim immigrant families, they don't send, or threaten to send, their kids to their home country for stuff like that! I don't know I mean I don't wanna talk badly of your family or nothing but, it feels wrong to me that you are afraid of what your father will do to you, like =/

Anyway, I don't know. Tough it out, I guess. He'll come around! I don't think there is anyone who has never been haram at all. If he stopped talking to everyone just for doing sth haram he'd talk to no one at all! He'll come around, probably, in a few days. Men of all religions can be real touchy about their daughters, ey? Just preoccupy yourself for a few days, don't worry about him.

0|0
    0|0
    • EDIT: oh when I say 'what a fucking asshole' I mean your ex outing you to your father like that! That was fucked up!!! I don't mean your father lol!!! soryr!

• Show All
    • yeah good idea ^^ good luck <3

• Thank you :)

• he'll eventually start talking to you, don't worry.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes