Don't understand ex's behavior whatsoever. Help?

So my ex broke up with me Thursday of this week. No Lt too surprising because I felt things were getting well... boring. So anyway the next day I was in the hall talking to a group of three girls. I guess she happened to be walking by at the time. Well she came over and started telling at the girls before basically chasing them away, then turns to me and ask what the hell I was doing. I told. Her straight up I was flirting and asked why was it any of her business before walking away. Well later that same day she see me having lunch with the same three girls and sits at our table making the girls leave. Since then she sends angry text every few minutes which I refuse to even read after the first one. What is her deal?
Little more info the age thing is wrong and I have no idea how to correct it. I'm 20 and in college.

20