Why does a man say 'I can't treat you how you deserve to be treated'?

Short and sweet, why would a man say that? Also accompanied with 'I just want you to be happy.'

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• That's very positive and proof of goodwill. But why isn't he capable of it? Personnality or financial means? Or do you 'need' ('deserve') something impossible, beyond human reach?

You mentioned this already here: www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1003198-he-asked-me-to-tell-him-i-loved-him-but-we-are-nothing

0|0
    0|0
    • Same man. He says he's not ready to give me what I deserve, I think in terms of giving himself fully to the relationship, but after the few wines it was all 'tell me you love me'. I have a feeling he's scared of getting hurt, as I sense some insecurity, but I'm not sure.

• Show All
    • Insecurity or other commitments (that may be a tyrannic mom). Time to have a long alk.

• Wow your answer has been so helpful. He does keep mentioning his mom, and needing to see her often, and how since his parents split she's never coped well and that it may have messed with her psychologically; I thought it was just an excuse and harsh thing to say about your mom, but now I have such a different perspective, thank you!

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• Lol I like your username.

I honestly do not know why he would say that or what that is even supposed to mean?

He's a convicted sexual offender? Deals drugs to 9th graders in his free time? He's leading a secret double life as a costumed vigilante who wears his underwear over his pants and beats bad guys to a pulp every night?

We may never know.

0|0
    0|0
  • Generally, that's a stupid way of telling you he's not interested.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's a sugar-coated way of breaking up with you, unless his self esteem is really that low.

0|0
    0|0
  • He thinks your to high maintenance and he doesn't think he can afford to keep you happy so he is gentle trying to let you go

0|0
    0|0
  • Low self esteem, insecurites, or im broke =|

1|0
    0|0
  • He feels inadequate and wants you to be happy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Also answered your other question about cheating :)
    Anyway. I once had to let this girl go because i had other things going on in my life. SAD ! But unfortunately it happens. I felt that i was not going to be the great boyfriend that i wanted to be. I just thought it's better to end it for now and see what happens.
    Being in a relationship demands lots of attention and no matter how much i wanted her to be my centre of attention, she wasn't. It's hard to hold on to the love you have for someone while barely talking or seeing eachother. And even if you do, there is some kind of worries that messes your brains and you can't have fun with your girl.
    And i said to her: "i wish you to take care of yourself"

So the way he put things... i don't know. I don't think he's just being polite. He somehow has his regrets about leaving you.
    Have you talked to him, is he going through a bad time in his life or something?

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• aw. this reminds me of neyos song, the Real Thing.

he basically is into you, but he knows he won't be good for u. so he doesn't wanna b that guy who dont treat u like a princess. depending on the intention of the guy he could be really upset about this, or just use this line as a gentle way of telling u to let go.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's usually good way of him telling you he doesn't want you, whatever the reason might be. He might genuinely think you deserve better or he may just want to get rid of you.

And how much do you squat, girl? Your bum is perfect! Give me some tips?

0|0
    0|0
    • A good*

• Haha, twice a week girl, love those squats. I squat 60kg, key is to go nice and deep. Combine that with deadlifts and lunges. And good eating! Thanks for the compliment, and your answer! :)

• If he is not that into you, it's a clich├ęd way to subtly say that he doesn't really like you.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes