I'm about to see my ex, should I be kind or cold?

I really have no idea if I should act like I don't care about him anymore (completely ignore him) or be kind like to any other person.

There's this party coming and I know my ex will be there and maybe his current GF as well. He played me, and behaved like a jerk because he just decided to ignore me instead of an actual breakup.

I don't want to seem like it still hurts me (It does but not as before), Do you think it will be best to act kind and smile like I always do? or try to avoid him? It's a family party, so I have to be there, and him as well.

Thanks everyone in advance!

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Be friendly, but a bit dismissive. Kind of like "Oh it's nice to see you but I don't really care". lol

Introduce yourself to his gf is she's there and be polite. Don't give him a reason to make him think you're still into him or whatever. Happiness is the best revenge!

2|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• act as good and kind girl. his gf will see that you are not the problem and will ask herself why he dropped such a girl. if you will be a bad girl and seem like it was ok that he dropped you his gf will understand why he break up with you. psychologics.

1|0
    0|0
  • Be civil. If he says hi say hi or if you make contact just smile and go about your way. Do just enough not to be mean and don't do a lot to make it seem like you two are ok and all chummy.

1|0
    0|0
  • Be kind. There's no reason to be cold, even if you don't really like him. You're looking to make yourself feel better by making him feel bad. Is that right?

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Since he ignored you when ending the relationship, personally...i wouldn't have not ONE word to say to him. Not even a hello. Ignoring someone is one of the most hurtful things you can do (as you already know). You have no obligation to speak to him whatsoever. You give respect, you get respect...period.

1|0
    0|0
  • Neither. Be civil but short, show him that you're the bigger person. Have fun at the party with other people, and try not to mind him too much.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes