Today would have been my 6 month anniversary with my ex boyfriend. Is it weird if I say something?

We are still good friends and hang out every day and I still care about him a lot. We broke up 2 months ago. Would it be weird if I said something like "I realized that today would have been a really special day, cause it would have been our 6 month. But then I realized its still special because I'm happy we can still be friends."

Basically I want to celebrate our friendship I guess
What if I said something like "I was thinking about you today and old memories and it put a smile on my face, making me glad that we can still be good friends and part of each others lives"
and I kind of DO want a new relationship with him, but still unsure

34

Most Helpful Guy

• I always think of my ex-es on the day we meet, their birthday, etc. Whether I say something to them or not is another issue... depends on whether I'd risk getting back, and trying to turn the clock back!

Wishing an ex for a birthday is one thing... but an anniversary, I wouldn't risk!

Most Helpful Girl

• To me that does sound kind of weird. At the same time only you know the relationship you have with him. So for all anyone here could know it wouldn't be weird at all to him.
    I'm guessing if you both still have a friendship after breaking up and things are smooth he obviously still cares about you too. I'm not assuming that means he wants to be back together, you know what I mean, but he obviously cares to still have you in his life for whatever his reasons are.

If you do say anything like this to him. Just make sure its what you really want to do. In the event he doesn't want anything but the friendship this may scare him and make him think you want more than what you currently are. So in addition to anything you say, be clear in exactly what you want.