Do people regret break ups if they initiated it?

Do people regret break ups? I mean if they initiated them? How often does that happen? I hear love songs all the time about that type of situation but find it hard to believe it really happens in real life (and if it does it's rare).

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I broke up with a woman for the first time in my life just a month ago. I have always been the one that they toss aside.
    I certainly do not regret doing it. I regret letting the relationship go as far as it did. We had sex on the 3rd and 4th date. We knew each other 6 days. It was a relationship I should have stopped after the first meeting. so I am having a hard time with it and I am trying to forgive myself. But it is tough.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm sure there are people who regret their decisions whether its temporarily or permanently. The thing is every single situation will vary because none are the exact same. In most cases there was a valid reason for the break-up. So while they might be dwelling on the good times and things they loved, there STILL is the reason they broke up and why they would not work out anyway.

I personally believe if it doesn't work out, its for a reason. Generally that reason cannot or will not be changed. Whether its because of incompatibility or because one of the people hasn't decided to change (because you cannot make anyone change they have to decide that for themselves). When most people try again they fall back into the old behaviors and the same issues arise.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 2

• It depends on the situation. If they dumped you on something that can be fixed like maybe you never brushed yur hair and now you always do they might regret it just an example. Or if they dumped you out of anger then hey might aswelll or if they dumped you because you werent hot enough and you got a makeover etc etc. there's a lot of reason why someone might regret dumping you but thats definitely not always he case sometimes, most of the time they won't regret that decision

0|0
    0|0
  • Up to now, I haven't regretted. Because I don't usually get that point suddenly. I think for both parts for a while.
    I hope I will never be regretful.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes