I have no esteem since I've been cheated on. What should I do?

I have recently found out that my boyfriend of two and a half years had been cheating through out our relationship. Meanwhile I've been putting my 100% effort into out relationship. During this time I have had his beautiful baby girl.

I feel like there is something wrong with me for him to go to other girls. I feel insecure and inadequate. I hate feeling like this. I also suffer with depression (which does no justice).

I feel so pathetic. Is there anyway to obey come this?

18

Most Helpful Guy

• Get this:Cheaters don't need a reason.They're not even necessarily looking for something or anything better when they cheat.They enjoy cheating, just like gamblers enjoy gambling even when they are losing money.
    It's normally the one who's putting the least into a relationship who is the one cheating.They'll cheat with people who are a lot less charming and talented than their partner at home.

Getting over it begins when you stop looking for a reason.He's the one with the problem;not you.

My wife turned out to be a cheater.I think she had 4 going at once when we separated (I caught her out on 2 within a week).I know she wasn't getting better sex out of it, and plenty of women would swear to that.It leaves a bad taste in your mouth, but you should never feel inadequate.

Just wake up every morning and tell yourself "I'm better than him, and he didn't deserve me".

• I just feel like a reason would help me get through this. I know it's a bad thing because I'm wanting him to say that it's because of the way I look or how I act but then at least I'd know. Him saying 'don't know' doesn't really help me out here :(

He tells me that he won't do it again and that he loves me and he'll become a perfect boyfriend. I'd love to just say 'c'mon let's try again' but I'd be paranoid and constantly reminded of what happened. I feel like I've lost hope with humanity. I gave him everything. :(

• That's why I selected it :)