Has anyone had an ex come back that you never thought you'd see/hear from again? If not an ex, someone you dated a few times before s/he broke it off?

Looking for inspiring personal stories. What happened when you broke up? How long before he/she came back? Why did he/she come back? Did it work the second time?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Me and my ex had something. Didn't work and one day I was all out of hope. I bought her a plane ticket at random. We almost instantly got back together. Year later we got engaged. Everything about us was right out of a chick flick. Our past, all the hardships but, a year after that it all fell apart. She broke my heart and it's been almost 4 years since I just given up on relationships.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Well I have had a one night stand come back if that counts, but it didn't last too long (I wasn't in relationship mode), but since that I've come back to a guy I dated before that issue... So I've been that girl that came back and we are still together and it's been about 6 months... Basically what happened was we (let's call him mike) dated when we both were living in London (although we aren't from the UK) and we dissolved when he left and for a while I floated and bounced around and then I decided to settle down for a bit and work on my career and start dating for real etc. but whenever I would have a date set up I would dream of mike. So I found because of my dreams I was always comparing these guys to mike even though it had been over a year since we dated and he was on the other side of the world and I didn't really plan on seeing him again... Basically through dating these other guys I realized what a great guy he was and what I had passed up simply because I wasn't taking life/dating seriously and I began to really regret it, but I thought there was nothing I could really do about it... Then my birthday rolls around and though I had dropped a dozen hints to the guy I was dating that my birthday was coming up (nothing major just like I can't go out then because my bestie and I are meeting up cause it is both of our birthdays) he never asked me when it was or made any mention of it (I wasn't mad I just felt like it showed he didn't care) meanwhile mike messages me a beautiful birthday private message over Facebook basically telling me how lucky he was to have me in his life etc... And we get talking and it turns out he never stopped caring about me so now we are trying to work things out long distance which is a mess and I'm constantly scarred he is going to be like forget it, but for now I wouldn't have it any other way <3

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• i had an ex come back to me after 11 years to apologize for the way things went down... that was really strange. we didn't try to get back together or anything tho.

0|0
    0|0
  • Come back as in get together again? No. I've met people many years after cutting them off though and it's been a mixed bag. Some affectionate reminiscence and some really awkward uh hi's.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• My ex and I dated for 2.5 years in highschool before he broke up with me the first time. When we broke up we didn't really see each other during that time. We'd run into each other here and there but surprisingly we both stuck to NC. Three years later, after another run in, we started seeing each other again and got back together and dated for another 2.5 years. The second time around, our relationship had drastically changed since the first for the better, and things were good. Near the end of our relationship the second time around I think our paths were off in different directions... we ended up breaking up about 4 months ago. We've recently talked and we are both still confused about what happened but we know in the end it was the right decision to end things. So I don't really think I have a conclusive answer for you but it did work the second time temporarily.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've had that a few times, but not from 'serious' guys...
    I think the real SERIOUS ones stay away once they've broke it off..and the more 'casual daters' will pop back up every now and again when they've run out of options.

0|0
    0|0
  • my ex dumped me because I told him I went camping with family friends and things that I didn't want to happen, happened with their son. But I never got to tell him that I really didn't want it to happen, the guy was 22 and I was 15.
    a year later he contacted me trying to get back together. I got mad because he dumped me without me getting a chance to talk to him about it.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes