Has anyone had an ex come back that you never thought you'd see/hear from again? If not an ex, someone you dated a few times before s/he broke it off?

Looking for inspiring personal stories. What happened when you broke up? How long before he/she came back? Why did he/she come back? Did it work the second time?

43

Most Helpful Guy

• Me and my ex had something. Didn't work and one day I was all out of hope. I bought her a plane ticket at random. We almost instantly got back together. Year later we got engaged. Everything about us was right out of a chick flick. Our past, all the hardships but, a year after that it all fell apart. She broke my heart and it's been almost 4 years since I just given up on relationships.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well I have had a one night stand come back if that counts, but it didn't last too long (I wasn't in relationship mode), but since that I've come back to a guy I dated before that issue... So I've been that girl that came back and we are still together and it's been about 6 months... Basically what happened was we (let's call him mike) dated when we both were living in London (although we aren't from the UK) and we dissolved when he left and for a while I floated and bounced around and then I decided to settle down for a bit and work on my career and start dating for real etc. but whenever I would have a date set up I would dream of mike. So I found because of my dreams I was always comparing these guys to mike even though it had been over a year since we dated and he was on the other side of the world and I didn't really plan on seeing him again... Basically through dating these other guys I realized what a great guy he was and what I had passed up simply because I wasn't taking life/dating seriously and I began to really regret it, but I thought there was nothing I could really do about it... Then my birthday rolls around and though I had dropped a dozen hints to the guy I was dating that my birthday was coming up (nothing major just like I can't go out then because my bestie and I are meeting up cause it is both of our birthdays) he never asked me when it was or made any mention of it (I wasn't mad I just felt like it showed he didn't care) meanwhile mike messages me a beautiful birthday private message over Facebook basically telling me how lucky he was to have me in his life etc... And we get talking and it turns out he never stopped caring about me so now we are trying to work things out long distance which is a mess and I'm constantly scarred he is going to be like forget it, but for now I wouldn't have it any other way <3