Why would my ex boyfriend who broke up with me contact me twice in a week?

So we were dating for 5 years. He dumped me 2 weeks ago. I did not attempt to contact him and tried to seem like I didn't care by not contacting him. A week after the breakup he randomly messaged me on Facebook asking whats up and did I have any news? I made sure to respond slowly and with short answers to not seem too interested. He told me to let him know when I'm moving so he can help out with packing as I have been planning to move house in a few months. I asked if he was dating somebody else yet as his status on Facebook says in an open relationship. He said no and asked if I was seeing anyone? I said no as well and he said ok and I didn't say anything after that. The whole thing seemed really bizarre. Then today 4 days after he contacted me the first time he messages me again on Facebook the minute I logged on asking whats going on with me? Again I don't say a whole lot but mention that I sprained my foot running. He asks if I can walk? I say yes but its painful. He then says to let him know if I need any help. I did not respond to this. Does he still have feelings for me? What should I do if I want him back? SHould I continue not contacting him and letting him contact me first? It just seems like he still wants to be in my life because he keeps telling me to 'let him know' when I need something, but I haven't taken him up on this.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Obviously he regrets the breakup/ Thats how most people work when they break up with someone. They are irrational at the time and dont think about how much or how special that person was, until obviously they are away from them for awhile then the feelings come flooding back.
    Good for you for not seeming interested. Dont inflate his ego. After all he dumped you. Now either he pays the consequences and you dont take him back or you decide if you really want this guy (loser), but mind you he might dunp you again. Make him beg to take you back.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 0

Be the first guy to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

What Girls Said 4

• It seems like he may still have some interest, yes. Don't not contact him and make him do it all the time because you will give him the impression that you may not really be interested. Contact him, but not often. Make it somewhat mutual. Dont show him you're desperate though. You're lucky, I wish my ex would contact me. It's been a week and a half no contact.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't even look or talk to him man. Nothing will ever make sense of him until you've dropped the subject. If he liked it then he shoulda put a ring on it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think he doesn't want to let you go entirely. I think he has feelings for you, but would you care to explain why did he break up with you?

0|0
    0|0
  • He MOST DEFINETLY still LOVES YOU :). My ex BF did the same thing too, two months ago after he ended things *however we're still not together...long story* but anyways He was always texting me which kinda confused me cause Im like dude didn't you just break up with me, why you talking to me lol *I thought he was just being friendly* but at the same time I was glad that he did, cause I missed/still loved him <3 The reason he still kept in touch is cause he still loved me and probably wanted to work things out *which I totally MISSED the signs* and now he's not speaking to me now... So now Im telling you to NOT make the same mistakes as me. Since your ex is still keeping in touch with you, maybe you should ask him about your relationship with him and ask where you guys stand <3 I would seriously go for cause, it's obviously that he still loves you <3 <3 <3 and Ii know that you still love him too :)

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes