Why would my ex boyfriend who broke up with me contact me twice in a week?

So we were dating for 5 years. He dumped me 2 weeks ago. I did not attempt to contact him and tried to seem like I didn't care by not contacting him. A week after the breakup he randomly messaged me on Facebook asking whats up and did I have any news? I made sure to respond slowly and with short answers to not seem too interested. He told me to let him know when I'm moving so he can help out with packing as I have been planning to move house in a few months. I asked if he was dating somebody else yet as his status on Facebook says in an open relationship. He said no and asked if I was seeing anyone? I said no as well and he said ok and I didn't say anything after that. The whole thing seemed really bizarre. Then today 4 days after he contacted me the first time he messages me again on Facebook the minute I logged on asking whats going on with me? Again I don't say a whole lot but mention that I sprained my foot running. He asks if I can walk? I say yes but its painful. He then says to let him know if I need any help. I did not respond to this. Does he still have feelings for me? What should I do if I want him back? SHould I continue not contacting him and letting him contact me first? It just seems like he still wants to be in my life because he keeps telling me to 'let him know' when I need something, but I haven't taken him up on this.

50

Most Helpful Girl

• Obviously he regrets the breakup/ Thats how most people work when they break up with someone. They are irrational at the time and dont think about how much or how special that person was, until obviously they are away from them for awhile then the feelings come flooding back.
    Good for you for not seeming interested. Dont inflate his ego. After all he dumped you. Now either he pays the consequences and you dont take him back or you decide if you really want this guy (loser), but mind you he might dunp you again. Make him beg to take you back.