My ex is a dick and is trying to dictate who my friends can be?

So my ex-hub is now telling me he will fight for custody of our kids if I don't stop talking to my new guy friend. The deal with my new friend is he has a low level criminal history (petit larceny 4yrs ago) and my ex (a cop) has decided this guy is dangerous and to be around my kids would be child endangerment. I am sorry my friend, yes just a friend, went through court - took care of the charges and as far as the courts are concerned good to go. So I guess the thing is - do I stay true to my friend or do I let my ex manipulate me yet again into following his wishes?

13

Most Helpful Guy

• Take the best care of your kids that you can. Then do your thing and don't let your ex make his problems yours. Unless you're hanging with a druggie or a sex offender you're probably OK. Make sure you get all the interactions with him on audio and video. (better yet, just have him send everything through your lawyer and don't talk to him at all)

I hate to talk down about a cop but there's always a chance he'll try to muscle you around with his badge and if he does that he needs his peepee spanked hard by the Dept.