My ex is a dick and is trying to dictate who my friends can be?

So my ex-hub is now telling me he will fight for custody of our kids if I don't stop talking to my new guy friend. The deal with my new friend is he has a low level criminal history (petit larceny 4yrs ago) and my ex (a cop) has decided this guy is dangerous and to be around my kids would be child endangerment. I am sorry my friend, yes just a friend, went through court - took care of the charges and as far as the courts are concerned good to go. So I guess the thing is - do I stay true to my friend or do I let my ex manipulate me yet again into following his wishes?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Take the best care of your kids that you can. Then do your thing and don't let your ex make his problems yours. Unless you're hanging with a druggie or a sex offender you're probably OK. Make sure you get all the interactions with him on audio and video. (better yet, just have him send everything through your lawyer and don't talk to him at all)

I hate to talk down about a cop but there's always a chance he'll try to muscle you around with his badge and if he does that he needs his peepee spanked hard by the Dept.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• just don't let your ex know you're hanging out with him. He'd have a very weak case even if he did try to fight for custody. Petty larceny is a misdemeanor right? I highly doubt a judge would take your kids away over a misdemeanor. most people know people with that kind of thing on their record

0|0
    0|0
    • Its actually a class "U" felony - so a baby felony but still a felony - the problem is the ex questions the kids about who they have been with and is basically a stalker but since he knows the law does just enough to irritate and annoy me but not enough to break the law.

• God forbid the father not want criminals around his kids. Gotta wonder a bit who's thinking about the welfare of those kids more.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• i dont understand

0|0
    0|0
    • if he is your ex and even if he was your bf, he can't dictate anything

Recommended myTakes