My Boyfriend's Divorced Parents?

My boyfriend and I have been going out for 15 months. His parents are divorced and have been since he was in second grade. I have only met his dad twice, and briefly, in this 15 months. I don't want to seem like I'm on his mom's side or anything, but I'm shy around his parents already, and not knowing his dad as well makes it seem sketchy. I don't know how to act around them. Do any of you have advice about how to act around your boyfriend or girlfriend's divorced parents?

Also, should I try to talk to my boyfriend about it? He doesn't like talking about his parents, but to me it feels like a big part of him that I know nothing about.

His emotions about his parents have caused problems between us a few times because when his parents fight, he retracts into himself and won't talk to anyone, so I thought he was trying to get rid of me. He won't tell me when things are going badly for him, but all I want is to be there for him. I know I can't fix anything or give him advice, but I feel so out of the loop as it is.

What do you all think?

0|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• just don't push him about his parents , lots of guys quite down when there upset about stuff all you can do is be there hen he wants you to

0|0
    0|0
    • I've been reading a lot of stuff online and it all says about what you've said. How should I act around his parents? I don't want either one to dislike me...

• well you should just act like your self his parents aren't upset with you (its each other they don't like)

I was divorced and after I would take eh x back things got really nasty and still are both my kids stayed with me and recently started seeing her again.
      My sons girlfreinds worried about teh same stuff she basically goes out to eat when his moms comes up and takes them out and she has me over for family dinners type stuff
      point is just worry about being happy with your BF and his parents will be fine with you

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes