Would you get back with someone who has once cheated on you?

Do you think that relationship can be fixed? Wouldn't things be different between the two of you?
Updates:
I don't think I could... They do it once, they'll do it again.

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• nah. its hard to pull away from someone u had so much history with. but the relationship be too broken to be fixed. once u break a persons trust u can never really earn it back

i don't think i could ever look at that person the same way. there will always be a constant reminder of what had happened in the back of your mind, and if it happened before it could happen again.

cheating is like spitting on your relationship. respect who you're with and u wouldn't act on cheating in the first place. all u can do is learn from your mistakes and be better for the next

1|2
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 16

• If someone has violated and betrayed my trust I wouldn't want anything more to do with them.

The only way I would even consider making it work is if I was married to her.

I pray that my answer is helpful. Have a very blessed day!

0|0
    0|0
  • Having the ability to walk away relatively easily is a luxury not all victims of cheating have, so no way would I return if I ever got away. It's a bad mess to be in, but it could be so much worse. We could be married with kids, and that would be a debacle.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I really don't think so. I just can't imagine a scenario where I'd take them back and still feel good about things...

1|0
    0|0
    • Yeah there would certainly be an uneasy feeling especially if you've taken that person back and they go about it as if they've done nothing wrong at all.

• Yeah I just think it would be too difficult. And I'd probably feel like I'm devaluing myself by allowing it to happen without breaking up.

I have never been cheated on before and I just really hope that it never happens. I wouldn't wish that kind of hurt on my worst enemy.

• I really really want to say no and I feel that I will say no, but in the situation I probably will forgive them. I believe in second chances. If i cheated on somebody, I would like to be forgiven. We all make mistakes. I will forgive them.

0|0
    0|0
  • The relationship CAN be fixed. It's the trust that you'll have trouble gaining for him again. I know this from past experience. It'll take a LONG time, but if you're both committed, it should work out.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. I have had that happen... and in the way it was done to me... no. Even if I saw a complete 180 and a genuine change of heart and repentance, then perhaps friendship, but still, I doubt it.

Now, if she and I were married, that might be a different situation (especially with kids); though I still don't know how often we'd be intimate. It'd be together out of divorce not being a realistic option, or together to give the kids the best chance, keep stability, etc.

Personally, I don't think I could trust someone who even gave me realistic suspicion of cheating, let alone finding out a girl's actually done it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I would. . I'm still waiting for her to come back

0|0
    0|1
  • no...once a cheater will always remain a cheater. leaving meh behind and feeling hurt all alone by myself is juz UNFORGIVABLE!

0|0
    0|0
  • Good question.It depends.Like a lot of things in life there are grey areas.If a girlfriend cheated on me it would be over, immediately.I am a very loyal person and expect the same.
    If it were a spouse, and she is remorseful, I would try to forgive.I made the decision to marry that person, through good times and bad, for better or worse-so I have no right to bail under difficult circumstances.However a spouse that keeps sleeping around and has no remorse needs to make a choice eventually and should be kicked out of the house.

1|0
    0|0
  • Probably not in all honesty - cheating is by far the biggest no no for me.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it could happen, it would depend on the circumstances behind it.

0|0
    0|0
    • Example of what u mean by circumstances?

• I do see a difference between someone making a one time mistake, versus someone who simply doesn't care about your feelings. I don't believe in the idea that they do it once, they'll do it again idea for everyone.

For the record, no I've never cheated on someone.

• Usually speaking no unless it's something the person can definitely get over.

0|0
    0|0
  • i think its can be fixed if 2 party wants to work on it togather.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would not do that too myself

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't. No matter what.

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably not.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• Cheating is something I wouldn't give a second chance for.

0|0
    0|0
  • I guess it depends on the situation and it depends on if it was a boyfriend or a spouse. Way too many factors to consider.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's hard to say what I would and wouldn't do because I have never been in that situation. A lot of times people say they wouldn't act or do things that other people do. Sometimes I feel like it's because they never experienced what that other person experienced. To me it all depends on how you feel about that person and how that person feels about you. It might be something that happens once and it was mistake. You need to be able to forgive. If it's something that keeps happening then no I don't think I can but I don't know.

0|0
    0|0
    • So can I ask this...Would you be okay with being cheated on?

• No that would hurt me I'm not saying it's okay I would never want that to happen. What I'm saying is I can't say what I would do because I never went through that and felt what that person felt. I can't imagine how hurtful that would be.

• Nope never, ever worst thing I could ever do is taking him back.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes