Why are guys so quick to start talking to other girls right after a breakup, ?

me and my boyfriend just broke up and he's already messaging other females, and i'm just like wtf,?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• because if guys are hurt after a breakup it can be used as a coping mechanism to help heal the pain and not think about you and also in cases with some guys because they know you are watching them and want to do it to make you jealous and feel like they are handling the breakup better and doing better moving on. I know it sounds fucked up but when my last gf left me and I got with another girl who was more attractive with her and my ex saw us together at this music event I couldn't help thinking how my ex probably thought I would never get another girl and how she is jealous seeing me with a more attractive girl.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Because the always have back up plans. Guys remain in communication with whoever they want, even when they have a girlfriend. especially when they realized the girl they are currently dating isn't the "one".

That's why we shouldn't put all our eggs in one basket. Keep your options open until you get that ring girl!

2|0
    0|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• That is how guys cope. Anytime a guy tries to talk about his feelings we get made fun of for whining. So without any sort of support system we have little choice, but to ignore the pain by staying active and getting back out there.

1|1
    0|0
  • I think it is how we cope with losing someone... just like girls have a defense mechanism this is the mans. Despite the bravado men feel lonely and they feel the losd, if they move on... they may just stop missing you as much.

1|1
    0|0
  • women can be just as quick. i broke up with my gf after 4 years and less than 3 months later she was making plans to go skiing with a new interest for that December

1|1
    0|0
  • Because the only way to stop thinking about the ex is to sleep with another girl
    Break ups are hard and no one wants to sit about and cry even know thats what happens but once you sleep with another girl the thoughts of your ex ease a hell of a lot more
    Just easier this way

0|0
    0|0
  • Guys don't get emotionally hurt to such a high extent as girls. We can move on faster.

0|0
    1|0
  • He is an ass. Nice that you broke up with him.

1|0
    0|1
  • But who broke up with whom?

0|0
    0|0
  • He's in the past now. Start messaging other guys

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Because men tend to realize that they break up later on.

1|0
    0|1

Recommended myTakes