Why are guys so quick to start talking to other girls right after a breakup, ?

me and my boyfriend just broke up and he's already messaging other females, and i'm just like wtf,?

39

Most Helpful Guy

• because if guys are hurt after a breakup it can be used as a coping mechanism to help heal the pain and not think about you and also in cases with some guys because they know you are watching them and want to do it to make you jealous and feel like they are handling the breakup better and doing better moving on. I know it sounds fucked up but when my last gf left me and I got with another girl who was more attractive with her and my ex saw us together at this music event I couldn't help thinking how my ex probably thought I would never get another girl and how she is jealous seeing me with a more attractive girl.

Most Helpful Girl

• Because the always have back up plans. Guys remain in communication with whoever they want, even when they have a girlfriend. especially when they realized the girl they are currently dating isn't the "one".

That's why we shouldn't put all our eggs in one basket. Keep your options open until you get that ring girl!