Is wanting to work on yourself a legitimate reason to break up with someone if you love them?

Gf said she loves me and nothing to do with me. But needs to figure out her life and work on self.. does this sound legit or just an excuse? I mean if she loves me why not just ask for space?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• You could be right. It's could be an excuse to break up with you. Or she just needs to get her life together and figure out what's going on. Sometimes if you spend time away from the people you love, you either still love them or forget about them. If she still loves you, she will come back!

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Not really always smart: that person might actually help you with working on yourself.

0|0
    0|0
    • i still think that was her way of saying she wanted to play the field

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 11

• I think that was her way of trying to ease her guilt by lookin like the victim. Screw her let her figure herself out and when she comes back tell her you need someone more successful.

0|0
    0|0
  • In a sense but it can't be the only reason. She could be having issues with herself that she needs to truly work on. It also could be selfish of her because she could do this while being in a relationship too.

0|0
    0|0
  • me thinks 'excuse'.. sorry but this one is old. equals 'asking for space', if you want to know..

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's a legitimate reason. If she's going to a hard time, maybe she needs to get through it by herself. It depends on the circumstances.

0|0
    0|0
  • I mean, kind of. You can work on yourself while in a relationship, but I suppose freedom could make it easier. I somewhat agree with Venommm.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes it can be. She might have certain ambitions and goals and wants work toward them

0|0
    0|0
  • Really depend. But i could see where she's coming from.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol no she just wants you gone

0|0
    0|0
  • That could be a legit reason. If she wants to work on herself then she kind of has to be in a relationship with herself if you know what I mean. She has to put herself first and things like that.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't really think that a break up is a good enough reason to 'work' on urself. U cn keep a normal life by just taking one hour if the day sitting on ur bed, and thinkin bout urself

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes it is

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

• dude that is just her way of saying she felt trapped by you and now she wants to play the field.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes