Why should you be friends with your bf or gf's exes?

As most of us know partners exes get bad rep only because they are an ex of the one were with. What is good about being fiends with partners ex?

50

Most Helpful Girl

• Wow I just having this conversation with my friend the other day who is really good friends with her boyfriend's ex. I felt it was weird but she said the girl was really nice and sweet and she couldn't hate/dislike her even if she wanted to.
    Even the guy keeps telling my friend that its super weird to see his ex and current girlfriends being so genuinely friendly.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • It happens. I'm friends now with my boyfriend's new girlfriend. I was with him for 4 years and she will be marrying him. I dumped him after he cheated on me. The reason why I talk to her is because they were at a family party and I was nice because she's not the girl he cheated on me with. Pretty much she has never done anything to me. So we talk and we even had wine together. I know it's weird because I have never been in that position before.