Why do some people get back with their ex?

If you know there's a better choice out there, why would you go back to your ex? Obviously there's a reason y'all broke up. Whatever the reason, it probably could not be worked out. So why get back together if there's going 2b problems again? Why not move on until you run into some1 better?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• My boyfriend and I were broken up for two months and got together again. I used to think the exact same thing, I would never want to be back with an ex. But my boyfriend didn't break up with me because his feelings changed or anything like that, things were just difficult in his life at that point in time and he hated the fact he never had time to be able to spend or talk with me. We kept in touch when he could talk and eventually we got back together once everything on his end cooled down and he was back in town, and it's been great ever since.

I think it all depends on how the relationship ended and such, and the quality of the relationship. Some things, like just having no time for each other at that point in time or something like that, can get better in time. But if someone cheated or something like that, that would be harder to fix because I think a sense of trust would be lost and difficult to get back. If that makes sense.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• I learned this in high school when I was 19. She cheated on me yet would deny it. I'd take her back and it was another "ex" and this kept going on. Once she told me she could cheat on me and I'd never even know I gave up completely. She tried way later to "just be friends" and went nuts so I knew it was a lost cause.

0|0
    0|0
  • Familiarity. False hope. Confusion. Fear. The list goes on.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because the sex was good lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • A rebound, except the rebound is the ex lol.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• He broke up cause we lost the spark. I was told he had commitment issues and I was the longest.
    He was one of the sweetest and most thoughtful guy I knew. I didn't see it till he broke up with me. He asked for me back and I didn't hesitate to take that chance. But we only lasted another month... It wasn't the same because deep down, I knew he had no more feelings for me. Didn't feel right.

0|0
    0|0
  • You don't have to go through the whole point where you need to get to know them again and get comfortable with someone new.

It's really annoying when you need to get comfortable with someone new again. Plus, you need to introduce someone to your family all over again.

Who knows if you can really find someone else anyways? Me and my ex boyfriend have known each other for 3 years. We dated 5 times. I have a habit with going back to my ex boyfriends. I've gotten up to 10 times before with another ex. I guess it's just because for me, it's takes a while to get over them. And when they come back.. I'm usually still not over them completely yet. So it makes me happy to know they want me again and are thinking about me and came back to me. Sometimes you are just hoping for a change and that things will be different this time.

You are hoping the person has come to their senses and changed... But I've realized it never really happens.

0|0
    0|0
  • there are no reason. They are a good lay

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes