Why do some people get back with their ex?

If you know there's a better choice out there, why would you go back to your ex? Obviously there's a reason y'all broke up. Whatever the reason, it probably could not be worked out. So why get back together if there's going 2b problems again? Why not move on until you run into some1 better?

44

Most Helpful Girl

• My boyfriend and I were broken up for two months and got together again. I used to think the exact same thing, I would never want to be back with an ex. But my boyfriend didn't break up with me because his feelings changed or anything like that, things were just difficult in his life at that point in time and he hated the fact he never had time to be able to spend or talk with me. We kept in touch when he could talk and eventually we got back together once everything on his end cooled down and he was back in town, and it's been great ever since.

I think it all depends on how the relationship ended and such, and the quality of the relationship. Some things, like just having no time for each other at that point in time or something like that, can get better in time. But if someone cheated or something like that, that would be harder to fix because I think a sense of trust would be lost and difficult to get back. If that makes sense.