I am so confused and don't know how it's suppose to be?

So I got out of a long term relationship after ex cheated. My family history does have cheating involved after my dad walked out on my mom. My ex says he loved me very much but I just couldn't deal with him hurting me. He would do many things for me that showed his love. Anything or everything I wanted he would do for me. I have learned that my sister's husband cheats on her. They had my 3 beautiful nieces who I love very much. Before all this when my sister found out about my ex cheating she told me to talk it out first. I did and forgave him. After another time I ended it with him. Now every time my sister's husband buys my sister a present calls me to look at it. He buys her things for Christmas and holidays. I see him trying to show his suppose love for her. It kind of makes me feel like his cheating diminishes because of this. Are we suppose to just deal with cheating and that will make your life good?

21

Most Helpful Guy

• I live with the idea that in every relationship, there should be at least one big mistake that should be forgiven. That being said, if I'm in a relationship with someone and she chronically cheats on me, then I'll leave her. If it is only once and we talk about it then I will try and forgive her and deal with, but only if it happens once.

Most Helpful Girl

• No you are not supposed to just tolerate it. Regardless of whatever excuse is given for the act cheating is a sign of disrespect towards you and a sign of selfishness. I don't understand how someone can say they love you and yet make love to another person. that is not love. that is sick. Whether one puts up with it depends on ones self worth. We accept the love we believe we deserve. Maybe you feel you can't do any better. Maybe you feel stuck in this situation and can't see a positive future without him. I can understand if you sister has children how she may feel that her children would better off with a father and maybe money wise it would be a struggle to seperate. However if you have no children or obligation to stay committed to this man then do not. His words don't match his actions. which means his words are a lie. He will say whatever it takes to get you to believe what he wants. Even that he loves you. But love doesn't hurt. it may sting from time to time but it doesn't hurt. You don't betray someone you love like that. You don't make them feel that way. If you want to settle for a life with someone who cheats on you than you do that however, men with integrity don't do this. And yes a good man is hard to find, but I would rather be alone with the possibility of finding a good man then spend the rest of my life miserable or content with someone who disrespects my heart.