Most confusing date with ex ever...maybe someone can help figure out what's up with this man?

Ok...we broke up a month ago. It was his choice and I've wanted to get back together since we split. We were living together and his 14 year old son had to move in because he was fighting a lot with his mom. He broke up with me because he says he needs to focus on his son right now and doesn't have time to devote to me as well so I should find someone with no baggage.
I had already purchased us concert tickets for this weekend before we split so I asked him if he'd like to go still. We were still texting here and there. He jumped at the chance and we met there on Friday. We had a couple of drinks and, unprovoked by me because I really didn't want to talk about it, he started talking about our breakup. He said all of his friends love me and miss me and think we're going to get back together. He also talked about how hard it is to find a woman your friends all like. Then he hinted his dad thought he made a big mistake as well but his mom just wants us to be happy. I told him I think we'll get back together too once he gets his other situation figured out and is feeling less stressed and he seemed happy with my answer. Then he basically says anything is possible but he just feels like the compatibility is going to be a problem and he can't give me the attention I need. I told him I'm perfectly capable of occupying myself and being with him at the same time but he shrugged me off. I also told him I'd like to support him and his child at the same time.
At this point I decide to just enjoy the concert because he's basically saying we're still not getting back together. Then he starts touching me and putting his arm around me. We went to dinner after the concert and then when it was time to leave we hugged and he was lingering. Then he said he really wanted to kiss me but didn't want me to get the wrong impression. Naturally we kissed passionately and he said we were always very sexually compatible. I am so confused by this interaction...any ideas?

01