Should I contact an ex boyfriend?

an ex boyfriend who i haven't talked to in 2-3 years girlfriend just broke up with him. my mom and his mom still talk and his mom told mine that he's really lonely and she wishes that I'd contact him. my mom has been enocuraging me to contact him aswell so we can be friends. I'm really confused as to why she thinks it's a good idea for me to contact him and I don't know what i should do.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• this is none of your respective mums business.. lol. his mum probably thought 'aww she was such a nice girl.. blahblah' - basically, she only cares for her son's well-being. why your mum thinks this is a good idea, i really don't know. but yet, if he really wants to see you again, it should be him doing all the work, not letting mummy go and fetch some company for him. him being 'lonely' is not a valid reason for YOU to contact HIM. besides, do you really need to be friends w an ex, who's now in rebound depression, out of pure compassion?

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• Absolutely not. Your mother's wishes have no value when you haven't bothered with 3 years.

0|0
    0|0
  • why did y'all break up. was it mutual? do you still want him back? yada yada. gotta have more info than what you gave us

0|0
    0|0
  • I think that you two need to talk and catch up. Maybe you just need to work things out and you never know, you two might get back together.

0|0
    0|0
  • depends on how you separated. if it was consensual and without anger, you could try it.

0|0
    0|0
    • if you broke up with him, he might still have feelings for you, definitely donĀ“t kontact him because that would rip old wounds open!

• No definitely not. I learned this the hard way

0|0
    0|0
  • Both your mum's need to keep out off your's and you ex boyfriends bessnise.

And tell them this. If you wanted to still be friends you both would be.

0|0
    0|0
  • You can contact. Hardly things would be like b4. But yeah.. If he is broke, he will need you for sex. I hope you understand.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• Because she's friends with your ex's mom.
    Because she's not directly involved in the situation between you two.
    Because she may like your ex.
    Because she might think this is a good opportunity for you.
    (Really, you should just ask her what's on her mind here.)

A similar thing happened to me with one of my exes. I dated this one guy in high school, his family has always been close friends with my family. I don't know why I dated him, it was pretty spontaneous and I had just come out of another relationship so I guess it was a rebound situation... either way, I quickly realized I had made a mistake. The guy was full of himself, manipulative, vulgar and quick to anger, he pushed his religious views on me and was also forceful sexually... it didn't take long for me to end things. Had I known that he was like that to begin with, I never would have said yes when he asked me out.

My mom jumped in when we broke up and tried to convince me to give him another chance and to stay on good terms with him and everything (I didn't tell her about our relationship or why we broke up or anything). I just kept refusing, I wanted nothing to do with him, eventually she stopped bringing it up. I almost never let my parents' opinions sway me when I date someone. I mean it's my relationship, not theirs.

0|0
    0|0
  • Haha. My mom used to do this kind of stuff too. She did it when she really liked the guy and wanted me to be with him. Maybe she wants you and him to rekindle!

0|0
    0|0
  • pretty much

0|0
    0|0
  • no, there is no reason to

0|0
    0|1
  • Don't. Let the past be in the past

0|0
    0|1

Recommended myTakes