Would you rather dump someone or get dumped by someone? Why?

Which is more hurtful for you? An explaination would be nice.

• Dump
    Vote A
  • Get dunk
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
Gurls are cruel..they have such cold heart =|

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, at this point in my life I'm kind of use to people
    hurting me and kicking me to the curb. So, though it would hurt.
    I would get over it eventually, like I always do. But, if I had to
    hurt someone elses feelings. I don't think I could get over that. I pride myself on not treating people, the way they've treated me.
    Nothing hurts me more, then hurting other people. I just can't do it. Hence why I'd rather be broken up with, then be the one doing the breaking up.

0|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd prefer to do the dumping. Both hurt, but getting dumped is one of the worst feelings in the world when you really like the person. Especially if you weren't expecting to get dumped.

On the other hand, dumping someone is something I'm horrible at, I feel so bad when I have to dump or reject a girl. It sucks. But it's easier than getting dumped.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Yeah its painful but i rarher take all the pain for her. Im a man so i suppose to help relief da chix =3

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 45

• It depends on the relationship. Yea I rather not be the one more heart broken. But I hate having to do the breaking up with the person cause i feel so guilty, and bad and i think about how much it's gonna hurt them. I hate seeing them cry. It sucks. I can't decide they are both terrible.

I guess i rather break up with someone who is an asshole lol

1|0
    0|0
    • Lol sometimes u juz gotta make harsh decision in life. So only choose one hunny =)

• Show All
    • Cheater! Lol

• I feel sorry for people especially when i care about them as a person

• I'm just going to be honest as heartless as it sounds. I'd rather dump because that would mean I have no more emotional attachment to the person. If I was dumped then I'd turn into that psycho ex girlfriend. The only problem with dumping is that the other person gets hurt and I hate making someone feel that way.

So yeah I'd rather dump for my own selfish reasons.

1|0
    0|0
  • Sounds mean but I'd rather break up with someone :( If I want to break up that would mean that I'm ready to move on..
    As for being dumped I'd have to go through the heart break and still wanting them when they dont wan me anymore TToTT

1|1
    0|0
  • id rather dump that person.
    if the thought crossed my mind then i know what i have to do, they obviously did something to turn me off.

oh well ya know!
    you win some you lose some! but you live to DUMP another day!

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd rather eat out of a dumpster than either of those two.

Unless option B is missing an "r" and is supposed to read "Get drunk". Then you know where you'll find me.

1|1
    0|0
    • I like the way you think..

• Show All
    • @iamnotalizard: I think you think I like the way you like the way I think the most, while in fact I like the way you think I like the way you like the way I think even more.

• ...touchΓ©...

• I'd rather do the dumping... like you said, hurts less. When it's the other way around you tend to take it more personal and you tend to evalaute and ask hey what's wrong with me? Something I did wrong? stuff like that...

If you're the one who got to end it it would still probably sting but not so much because you knew like they said already that it wasn't going to work out and it was for the best. If you were the one that got dumped you take it more personal and you can tend to dwell and take a hit on your self esteem as to why you were dumped.

You both agreed and liked to be in a relationship that's why guys started dating in the first place and for someone to just change their mind, I mean for all you know they are the bad ones and the asshole of the union/relationship BUT at face value you'd think something was wrong with you, when in reality it very well could be them that has the problem. most relationship's problems, when they cannot be worked out, it means it wasn't mean to be (not in a destined sort of way) but like maybe they were the cheating kind or the egotistical kind where they think they were better than you when they were in fact, not.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on the guy. If he's an asshole I'm doing the dumping. If he earned my love I'd be willing to be dumped.

1|0
    0|0
  • i would rather be the one dumping the guys because, my confidence won't be the one in question, women tend to feel more insecure and its a constant power stuggle that we face in a relationship, in my own experiences i rather not be caught off guard.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would prefer no relationship over the two options. At least if I do the dumping, I know I am mature enough to give the other person the true reasoning behind my decision and not leave them wondering what they did wrong. If people would realize that communication is important there would be less hurt feelings.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'd rather be dumped. I've been on the dumping end too many times now. I've never really been dumped so far and I hate being the one who's always given up on the relationship. It always felt like the right decision but sometimes I wonder if I have a problem with commitment. I also hate that guilty feeling when you break someone's heart. So if I had to choose, I'd rather be on the other end for a change.

0|0
    0|0
    • Mhmm good to try something new.
      Remember curiosity kills the cat =P

• Well I'm not really curious about it lol. I definitely don't want my boyfriend to dump me.

• I would rather get dumped because I rather get hurt then hurt someone else. I could never bring myself to hurt someone like that.

1|0
    0|0
    • That was the answer i was expecting x)
      Hmm

• Show All
    • I guess i can say dat as well. We dont have the heart to hurt another person cuz were born to be compassionate. With it being said, i'd rather get dunk on

• Getting dumped for the win! lol

• I'd rather dump someone, personally. When you get dumped, it's always a shock no matter how long you've been expecting it. When you break things off with someone yourself, you at least have some time to brace yourself and emotionally prepare for it.

0|0
    0|0
    • So cold =|

• Show All
    • Actually I have a boyfriend.. So I probably wouldn't ever be involved in this hypothetical situation. Plus if I break up with someone it's a very serious decision and it takes quite awhile and quite a lot to ruin everything that thoroughly.

• Tee hee

• I'd rather be the one dumped. It sucks, but I think it sucks so much more being the one doing the dumping, because I always feel so guilty and bad, and I always get thoughts like.."what if they were the right person, and I should have held on longer?" For some reason, I just feel so much worse when I'm the one breaking up with someone.

0|0
    0|0
  • I do it myself because 1) i believe i end realionships in a very clean way , my ex's are all my friends (some are really close) now and there's no awkwardness. 2) i always see the end before it comes , in a realationship once i no longer feel emotionally attached to someone i dump them before they get too involved and get even more hurt , because staying with them although you don't have feelings for them is worse than dumping them.

0|0
    0|0
  • I actually dumped my bf a few days ago for touching other girls ass and I was more happy about him cheating on me so I can say I broke up with him rather than having to tell people he broke up with me. But I think it mostly depends on the reason for the dumping. I don't know well you feel like shit either way. So would you rather get dumped for another boy/girl or would you rather have the person cheating on you and you get to brake up with him? Either way you feel like shit afterwards.

0|0
    0|0
  • I say getting dumped because most of the time they come back and that's when the fun starts ;)

1|0
    1|0
  • I'd rather be the one getting dumped because I really hate hurting people and dumping them causes a lot of pain, so I'd rather take the pain then them

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't like when people say ok I dumped! I am the 'WINNER'. I really don't like. I always avoid that.
    If you are in love in relationship, whoever finishes it; it FINISHES.
    But If i have to choose, i prefer to dump. That is more tolerable.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would rather dump someone because it hurts less than getting dumped

1|0
    0|0
  • Of course I'd rather dump a person. It's better to be the deciding party, because you know your reasons. When you're being dumped, you have no reasons to speak of. You've just been disposed of.

0|0
    0|1
  • It doesn't matter, if someone in the relationship wants out, I wouldn't care who ended it. When its over its over.

0|0
    0|0
  • Id rather get dumped. Makes me feel guilty and like I made a mistake when I do it. So when the other person does it and i still end up loving them in the end, i know that i won't look stupid trying to get them back.

0|0
    0|0
  • Dumping someone is like lifting a weight off your chest. Unless you have to dump huge for reasons other than it not working out. I much prefer to be in control with things like these

0|0
    0|0
  • As awful as it might sound, I picked A, to dump someone. I wouldn't like to receive the news of suddenly being dumped and I would be in control of when the relationship ends.

0|0
    0|0
  • This is a tough one but I would have to say get dumped (assuming he does it nicely).
    I don't get over guilt well so I would carry it with me forever. :(

0|0
    0|0
  • i dont like hurting people for me it is one of the worst feelings so id rather get dumped so im the one thats hurt ill find a way to deal with it and move on. im sure.

0|0
    0|0
    • I lye u =)
      May i know ur name ;)

• Show All
    • Hmm i dont see the question u posted on ur profile..u can tell meh on here or send meh the link

• i think i anonymously asked it haha sorry. ill un-anon it. one second :)

• I'd rather dump. I couldn't imagine the pain of getting dumped by someone whom I was happily in a relationship with. That would be the worst and I hope it never happens to me

0|0
    0|0
  • Kick him to the curb..

I hate knowing that yet another person thinks I'm not good enough...

1|0
    0|0
  • If me and my partner both know its not working out then its like a 'whos gonna break it off kinda thing' and i mostly do that

0|0
    0|0
  • I've never broken up with a guy but I THINK it would probably hurt a little less. But I would feel so bad about it.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

What Guys Said 29

• I'd go for the dunk everytime.. then you can play the sob story 'I loved her and would have done anything, but she broke my heart'... chicks dig this as it makes it look like we're deep and we've got layers - makes it much easier to get them into the sack

0|0
    0|0
  • probably dump. but honestly I don't know how much I can care for another human being anyways.

I don't get emotionally attached to anybody, more like I run away from people so either dumping someone or getting dumped probably wouldn't matter, I'm kind of over people. maybe I sound like a crazy hateful person, I am not, but I just need to do what I want to do. people and societal rules and problems get in my way

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd rather be dumped because I really don't really see a lot of reasons to breaking up the relationship. I already set my preferences for someone, once I have someone they should have the choice because one of my preferences is that they're better than me. If they break up with me I'll be aware they couldn't share the same feelings as I did, so I'd have to find someone new that'll have the same hobbies as me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Girls can be cruel. Funny, used to think they were all sweet cute and innocent.. not the case both guys and girls can be cruel. And I rather be dumped. If I have made the decision to be in a relationship, especially after learning from my last relationship, I believe I will be smarter about the relationship and if she dumps me then I think I would deserve it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Getting dumped is easier for me because honestly I don't have to do anything! People work up courage and go through all those thoughts and finally make a decision etc. and really I just kick back and am like "Okay".

0|0
    0|0
  • Get dumped. I know I can handle it. I'm not certain someone else could

1|0
    0|0
  • Obviously getting dumped is bad and dumping someone is making your own choice.

But don't underplay the post break up sympathy sex you can get if you play your cards right.

0|0
    0|0
  • I sed to try t get a girl to leave me if i wanted outta a relationship just so there was no hard feelings and drama with it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Get dumped that way no one can be all emotionally attached when i take my time off and disappear and stuff. I hate when people try keeping tabs on me..

0|0
    0|0
  • id rather be dumped so im not the bad guy. i notice when im over a relationship i just start being a dick so they dump me.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've only gotten dumped and I've never dumped anyone. But it seems a lot more secure and easier on my emotions than being broken up with.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's better to get dumped. Because then I don't feel like the bad guy.

0|0
    0|0
  • I hate being the bad guy. Makes me feel worse than getting dumped.

0|0
    0|0
    • what da heck! O_O'
      Dat avatar doe...lelelel

• I can deal with a girl walking if it's not working for her. Knowing I hurt someone I care about though...Not fun at all.

• I would want to dump her because i would feel good knowing that i was the one who dumped her.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've always been the one who is dumped, I'd like to be on the dumper side once in a while.

0|0
    0|0
  • Get dunk.
    Unless I had a reason for hurting her.

0|0
    1|0
  • Get dumped. It gives me another excuse to whine.

0|0
    0|0
  • Both are damaging if i like the person enough...

1|0
    0|0
  • Dump someone, way less painful than being dumped.

1|0
    0|0
  • Get dunk, I love basketball

0|0
    0|0
  • either-way it looks foolish..

0|0
    0|0
  • Get dumped. It means I'm aiming high not low.

0|0
    0|0
    • I thought dumping her is better than getting dunk by her...ppl be crying all over da place getting dunk by >.>

• Ya, but it means I dated someone not good enough too.

• I don't believe in prolonging bad situations.

0|0
    0|0
  • i'd rather dump them first

0|0
    0|0
  • Dump, it is always better to end on your terms then on hers.

0|0
    0|0
  • Get drunk!

0|0
    0|0
  • Dumped. I feel guilty and bad whenever I had to dump a girl. I don't feel guilty at all when I get dumped. And actually I acted distant and made one of my exes dump me on purpose.

0|0
    0|0
    • yea i totally understand this feeling, sometimes i rather be dumped cause yea i feel bad for the person

• In most situation be the dumper.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd rather get dumped.

I'm doubt myself too much, I will always second guess my decision and try of ways to salvage a relationship, or keep being optimistic about her getting better. I forgive people too much, and that's why I will probably never be able to dump someone.

But being dumped, again, I often respect other people's decisions, so if her reason for dumping seems logical or if she seems adamant, I'll not try to save it.

Hurtful? Dumping people of course. On top of the emotional hurt, I've to struggle with myself for making the decision too.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes