Romantic people are more likely to cheat than those who aren't--True or false?

I have heard women in my real life say that romantic people are more likely to cheat than those who aren't and they would rather that their significant other is not romantic so that they would feel more secured in their relationship.

I have been pondering about this and thus ask this question.
Your perspectives? Thanks for your opinions and for casting your vote downstairs.
  • True, romantic people are more likely to cheat than those who aren't.
    Vote A
  • False.
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• That is true.

1|0
    0|1
    • Show All
    • You won't know why I chose this answer as the MH.And my intention is NEVER NEVER immoral.Haha :-P

• ,_, If I ask nicely will you oblige?

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• False? Ha!

Feelings, wants and needs are like osmosis. If a guy has a girl that lacks what he wants, then he'll find it in the next girl. This is the true premise of dating, keep trying until you find the right one.

0|0
    0|0
  • I just dont believe in statements like this. It is an individual thing, and the entire concept of being a romantic in my eyes anyways would lead me to believe that they would be less likely to cheat. But regardless it is an individual thing.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it is a half-truth. I think players may wine and dine women early in the relationship to woo them into giving the players what they want and, being players, they turn around and use the same tactic on other women. However, there are far more faithful people who pursue romance just for the sake of romance. As such, ruling out people based on their apparent interest in romance seems a bit silly to me. By all means, be wary of romantic (and non-romantic) people at the beginning of the relationship to protect yourself. But let us not arrange our dating lives so as to punish people for wanting romance. I think that's bullshit.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's like saying people with darker hair are more likely to cheat (or something similarly arbitrary)

0|0
    0|0
  • Coming from a romantic guy myself, i would say false. I think it has to do with how well u are raised and ur personalities.

0|0
    0|0
  • Im a romantic myself and i have never cheated. Everyone is different

0|1
    0|0
  • not relevant enough to be placed in book of facts

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• I'm going to keep my explanation very basic...cheating is not something you can do a blanket categorization. They come in all forms. So do loyal people. I know someone who has openly been a player who was VERY loyal when he settled down...I know people whom I thought had NO reason to cheat who cheated...I've known guys who seemed very devoted who ended up cheating...etc so forth.

0|0
    0|0
  • not at all true. those that don't value the person they are with is what makes a person cheat.

0|1
    0|0
  • Naw, they're probably thinking of the cover up and how they need romance to hide a lie. So they're not truly romantic.

0|1
    0|0
  • I agree with that

0|0
    0|0
  • To be honest, I always felt this was true because I felt guys that are romantic, that I know of, tend to be very needy and their ego needs coddling. Being romantic usually brings on what they're looking for, but it's like that's never enough.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes