How do you tell a girl that you don't want to be with them anymore?

This girl and I have been talking for a few months. She is really great but I've had a change in heart. I told her that I don't what a girlfriend but she says that she doesn't care about the title, that she just wants me.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Well you will have to be honest and tell her that you are not romantically interested in her. There's no easy way to do this and yes, she will be sad regardless of how you put it but what's most important is the fact that you care about her enough to tell her the truth and she'll appreciate this in the long run. No one deserves to be stringed along so you're doing the right thing, even if it's tough. There's no shame in changing your feelings. This happens all the time and it's normal. Call her and tell her that you need to speak with her in person but make sure she understands it's serious otherwise she might think she'll be going on a date *yikes* so be blunt and say there's something important you need to discuss and then in person you can tell her that your feelings have changed. If she cries, comfort her and it's worth saying you care about her still and would like to be a friend. Even if she doesn't want this, it just makes things a tad better in the moment because then she doesn't feel like she's being shut out completely. Good luck =)

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 3

• XRabbit gave great advice. Also make sure that this is what you want, you probably won't have an opportunity with her again. Flip flopping back and forth isn't cool. If you are sure then be clear, but gentle and hold your ground. I have known some women who coerce men into a relationship through pity. Be strong and know what you want.

0|0
    0|0
  • You have a very caring heart if you're asking for advice on here.seems you don't want to hurt her & I think you should tell her straight forward how you feel.She must really be into you if she doesn't even care about a title but she's saying that because she's head over heels for you & well love makes us blind & stupid.

0|0
    0|0
  • She may not care about the title, but if you don't want her, then she can't truly have you either, can she? You just have to be straight forward and tell her that while you think she's awesome, you just aren't romantically interested in her. It's not fun to say, it's not fun to hear, but it's the best thing you can do, for yourself and for her. She can't be free to pursue someone who DOES want to date her, if she's holding onto false hopes of being with you.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 0

Be the first guy to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes