Getting over ex after college and moving on?

Hi. I'll try to keep this short. But here goes.

I had a gf in hs who was my best friend. We dated for 2 years then broke up because I wanted to live "the college life". We went to same college where we remained close (and probably got closer).

Fast forward 3 years*
At the end of my last year (graduating in 3 years and she still has 3 more semesters), she decides to finally say yes to the dude asking her out for months she was talking to and gets a boyfriend.

She says she was waiting for me but decided to try something new since she didn't know how I felt, and wanted me to go get a GF so I could be happy (She is the only one I've had). I'm hurt because right when she announces she is getting serious I was about to ask her out.

She wants me to remain "best friends". I try, but I feel sick to my stomach every time I speak with her. She says she still loves me, but wants me to change.
I disagreed with her wanting to be best friends because it hurts, so now she pretty much cut off communication (unfollowed/unfriended on social media).

I'm trying to move on but don't know how, due to the fact that I'm fresh outta college and the dating pool is near non-existent. On top of that she was my only friend so I have no one else to talk to. Any advice? And please no trolls.

11