My girlfriend of 2 years says we don't know each other and that there isn't a connection?

My girlfriend has said that there is problems and would ask if we are going to be okay. She doesn't know if we are going to be together.

She said there has been problems for the last 6 months and she was giving me the signs. Her signs were cryptic and often involving me to figure them out. She would tell me she isn't happy and that I need to try harder.

Last few weeks she was doing okay, kissy and huggy and all that. I took her to her a concert. This weekend I'm taking her on a getaway trip, but she feels as though it may be too late for us.

What should I do?

61

Most Helpful Girl

• Dump her.

If she's in the sane age range as you and is STILL playing these idiotic mind games, expecting you to just know, then this relationship is not worth it.

A grown-ass woman, who can't say what she wants after being together for 2 years and thinks it's your job to read her mind can go fuck herself.

Cryptic messages... fekin teenage drama is what your gf reeks of. She needs to grow up and make you aware of how she feels, then you can work on it. If it's not working out, then fair enough.
    But she chose to act like an entitled little girl. Do you really want to be involved with someone like that?

Also, postpone the trip. Something tells me she'll happily go, THEN break up.
    Sort this out before you spend anymore cash on this woman.

• Thanks for the advice, yes she is a year older than I am. Unfortunately, I don't know if I can postpone as I booked the hotel and will have to cancel in 24 hours - I would lose the money on room. Should I try to move it, go by myself, or just lose the money?

She tells me I should know all this stuff, and I feel I have certainly tried. Like I need to communicate more. I told her she needs to work on things too. Last night she was saying I wasn't take her out enough and I didn't have effort.

We also live together. Trying to figure this one out. Last night I went out for an hour or two, came back and decided to sleep on the couch.

• Surely she would understand how life works. It's not all sunshine and butterflies all the time.

For awhile I was the one "putting in the effort", because my partner was too busy with work and trying to figure out what he wants to do in life.

• Yes, true. Last night she said she isn't sure about us and where was on all this months ago. She said she gave me signs, but I couldn't read her mind.

Most Helpful Guy

• I have a feeling she feels disconnected because she doesn't put in enough effort to feel more connected. You shouldn't lose the money for the hotel, but I don't really think this'll last. If she isn't happy, then she needs to START TALKING and resolve the frickin' conflicts instead of attempting to get your mind read.

• How should I handle this trip? Ignore things? Just have fun myself and treat it like its my trip?

• No problem. Since we live together, trying to figure out how we should sort things.

• I hope it's being resolved.