Why do woman enjoy the single life?

I recently told my ex after being broken up for six months that I was sorry and explained everything. I told her I couldn't stop thinking about her and that I wasn't thinking clearly at that time. She told me to just stop before I made a fool of myself and said she was enjoying the single life. In a letter she wrote me after the break up she said she'd wait a year for me to come back for her. Why didn't she keep that promise? Her friends tell me she's still not over me and talks about me sometimes.

83

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe she has something called pride. Once you break up or are broken up with someone, you don't go back. And single life has its perks. For me, I don't have to put up with a man's mess (clothes, cooking for him, having to have sex with him or he whines, having to answer for what I spend, etc.) my life is mine and I am my own boss. I like it that way.