Why do woman enjoy the single life?

I recently told my ex after being broken up for six months that I was sorry and explained everything. I told her I couldn't stop thinking about her and that I wasn't thinking clearly at that time. She told me to just stop before I made a fool of myself and said she was enjoying the single life. In a letter she wrote me after the break up she said she'd wait a year for me to come back for her. Why didn't she keep that promise? Her friends tell me she's still not over me and talks about me sometimes.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe she has something called pride. Once you break up or are broken up with someone, you don't go back. And single life has its perks. For me, I don't have to put up with a man's mess (clothes, cooking for him, having to have sex with him or he whines, having to answer for what I spend, etc.) my life is mine and I am my own boss. I like it that way.

2|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 7

• It's the no drama factor. Sometimes us women we put so much effort into many aspects of the relationship that we stress ourselves out. When you're single you don't have to worry about pleasing any body or try to read between the lines or figure out he doesn't text or call or talk about his feelings. Let her be. If it's meant to be she will come back when she is ready.

2|0
    0|0
  • Because in my experience, I always felt myself putting in more effort than he was. I would always be initiating conversation and dates and it just feels good to not have to worry about that right now.

2|1
    0|0
  • I enjoy it because you can go and do things, when you want to to do them without question. It's also convenient with my busy schedule to not have someone that you kind of have to spend a lot of time with, because that's time I don't have at the moment.

0|0
    0|0
  • For the same reasons anyone would, especially after a stressful relationship. You have your freedom back- there's no longer anything to argue about, less worrying, no pressure to please anyone, more time to hangout with friends, etc.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because its like we are free :D

1|0
    0|0
  • It's nice being able to only think about yourself instead of dealing with a guy and all of his stressful demands.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't. I would take being in a relationship over that any day of the week

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• Because they can hook up with as many guys as they want lol. But seriously more free time to yourself and friends and no drama and less stress.

2|0
    0|0
  • Probably for the same reasons I do.

No hassle, no drama, and I can do whatever I want.

1|0
    0|0
    • *solidary-happy-singles-highfive*

• james_000, I saw the following in your response below:"I am pissed that this site still allows user like SaVes go on when she insulted me unnecessarily. I will not stop until the site stops her."Please don't hijack my response because you have some personal vendetta against SaVes. Take that up with her.

• Okay I won't.. You must be another nice human being.. Thanks for your support to me.. Good luck in life

Recommended myTakes