Unsure about complicated ex boyfriend?

So me and my ex broke up 2 months ago and I've had a pretty hard couple of months since then so I've had to rely on him a bit to help me out which without a doubt whenever I need him he will do whatever I ask which is odd to me, anyway I had to leave the place I was staying and I'm currently staying with him. For the first week he asked if I would like to sleep next to him which was fine even thought I wanted to still have sex with him he insisted that it wouldn't happen which I and his friends found very odd but the wierdest thing was everytime he would get close to touching me at all during the night he would turn to face the other side then all of a sudden two nights ago he asked me if I could start sleeping on the couch. Can somebody please explain to me what is going on because I am so confused it is doing my head in and I need help.
Thanks

Not to mention when ever I bring up the topic of us and maybe getting back together all he can answer with is I don't know because I don't know what I want. I just need some answers somebody please help

10