Telling a girl that I am a virgin, caused a breakup/ rejection, please advise!! Am I a jerk?

I have been dating a girl for about 4 weeks, and was trying to escalate on the 3rd or 4rth date, but was humble at the beginning and didn't go for a kiss, but kissed in a chick. She said that she is fine with the pace, with going slow. Then i asked her on the distance she put between us, as she didn't want me to touch her. She said that she was in a relationship and it ended badly. And she needed some time, possibly. Yesterday we spoke a bit, about relationships, and i said that i have never been in one, and I told her that I am a virgin, cause I was building my career. As I moved to the town where I am now, I am looking for a job currently. After 4 hours of silence she messaged me that she only sees me as a friend, and not a potential partner. I just turned 29, and its kind of a fear of mine, of what I could have done differently. I myself had opportunities to sleep with some girls, but I preferred to find a girl for the relationship, a soul mate so to speak. she said that she isn't ready for the relationship, but she said that only after we spoke about the relationships staff. Please advise!!!

53

Most Helpful Girl

• Personally, I would have probably done the same, but... This is because early in a relationship I never know if I really really like the guy and how long it will last. I would HATE to be with someone, take their virginity and then decide, OK, this isn't working, for whatever reason, because then you've taken something you can't give back and you weren't the special person they had been waiting for. I'd feel obliged to stay with you just for this reason. Not saying it's right, just giving you my opinion in if we're me.

Most Helpful Guy

• This woman is not soul mate material. Neither is she a long term, meaningful relationship material, either.

She did you a favor by telling you that. You should be happy.

Don't go chasing the wrong women, because that is exactly what you are doing. Do not delude yourself. Always listen to your instincts- even though they will douse the hot fires of lust, they will never lead you astray.