Why do I still miss my ex 1.5 years after she dumped me?

The ironic thing is that I have dated other women since then. In fact (and I know this sounds shallow), I recently dated a gorgeous woman who was more attractive than my ex. Yet, I dumped her!

And I find myself thinking about the ex all the time. My friends remind me that I did not seem all that jazzed about her at the time, so they are perplexed.

I tried to at first ignore her with no contact. Then when I saw her at an event, she was friendly. I didn't want to push, so I let it alone. In the meantime, I did date around, mainly because I was upset that some dude was hitting on her in my presence. My ex seemed to have enjoyed the attntion, even though I later found out she dissed the dude.

Anyway, I tried to be friendly with her again the next time I saw her, but she was cold and rude to me. I later found out that she heard about me dating around.

I should be over this, but I am not.

What to do? I don't want to be like her other exes and call back.
To clarify, the one I am hung up on is the one who dumped me.
The last comment has a point: I am usually better at breakups when I don't see or hear about the person.

40

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe you were attracted to her intellect or personality or the meaning that she seemed to add to your life. When I have my heart set on somebody I don't like at other guys - even if the new guys are better and more attractive than the person I have my heart set on. If you think these feelings will remain - see if you can get her back.

• Thanks, but it's kind of hopeless at this point. She is probably in a relationship and I am afraid to ask. I just need to meet someone I click with and with whom there is no drama. The last girl I dated hate a best friend who hated me for no reason.