Daughter and father. Mom stuck in the middle.

So here's the thing my daughters father and I broke up 2 1/2 years ago. He and his family are both very selfish people. I have a 3 year old with him he currently lives in our home town. My daughter and myself live in another state a job opportunity came up and so here we are. He's going to have a 2hr lay over from his flight and he wants to see my daughter. I told him I couldn't do that because my daughter would be crushed! Need I remind you that me and my daughter just visited and she got to spend everyday with him, so its clearly not selfishness on my part not to let her see him, its protecting her from getting hurt. Opinions anyone?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't understand why she can't see her dad, even if for a little while. If you explain to her that she can see her dad, but that it will only be for a little while I'm pretty sure she will be happy with that since you say she won't see him again for month and half in July. Hurting her would be NOT let her see him.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Um... I think it's best if he only sees her for a while in a place with lots of people in it! That's sad:( I dont really know :/ I wish you the best!

0|0
    2|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• Why would your daughter be upset that she sees her dad?

2|0
    0|0
  • Why would she be "crushed"?

3|1
    0|0
  • What's wrong with a father seeing his daughter?

2|1
    0|0
    • There is nothing wrong with that I just don't want her to feel like well he's leaving why is he leaving. I told him that he could see her in July but if he sees her she's not going to understand why he's leaving.

• you're probably in a better situation to judge and I get what you're saying.

What Girls Said 2

• It's best to let her see him I don't see how she can be crushed by seeing him.

0|0
    0|0
  • getting hurt from?

0|0
    0|0
    • She is a 3yr old little girl where we live in a different state from him and I don't want her to see her dad for only about 30 mins to an hr before he has to go back through security and leave shell be confused and wonder why he left.

• that's when communication comes in, you just explain in terms she will understand, because they both have a right to see each other

Recommended myTakes