Do you always talk bad about your exes?

I have a very limited dating history, as I've only really been with one girl that turned into any sort of relationship, and so she is the only "ex" I would consider myself to have.

Things got complicated and communication broke down and in hindsight we both just were probably not able to carry a healthy long-term relationship together, though she was the one that essentially dumped me, and didn't really handle that all too maturely either (just stopped responding to me).

Looking back though, I don't hate her or anything, though I wish we both would have handled things differently, I learned a lot from the experience and in being honest with myself do still like her.

I've told my friends a lot of what happened, and most of them say bad things about her like "what a bitch" etc. And for some reason I kind of get mad at that (probably because I still like her) as I see this good side to her and don't truly believe she meant to hurt me in any way. While what she did was crappy I have never called her that word.

I'm just wondering if anyone else feels this way about an ex, or is it much more common to talk badly about him/her and focus on the negative. Or any thoughts about the situation?

61

Most Helpful Girl

• No, I don't. I rarely talk about them really. I find it a turn off when a guy (or girl) speaks badly about an ex. I mean, sure there are some people who deserve that talk... but still, you had feelings for them and shared something... bitching just seems immature and makess you seem like you're not over it.

So yes, I agree with you.