Do you always talk bad about your exes?

I have a very limited dating history, as I've only really been with one girl that turned into any sort of relationship, and so she is the only "ex" I would consider myself to have.

Things got complicated and communication broke down and in hindsight we both just were probably not able to carry a healthy long-term relationship together, though she was the one that essentially dumped me, and didn't really handle that all too maturely either (just stopped responding to me).

Looking back though, I don't hate her or anything, though I wish we both would have handled things differently, I learned a lot from the experience and in being honest with myself do still like her.

I've told my friends a lot of what happened, and most of them say bad things about her like "what a bitch" etc. And for some reason I kind of get mad at that (probably because I still like her) as I see this good side to her and don't truly believe she meant to hurt me in any way. While what she did was crappy I have never called her that word.

I'm just wondering if anyone else feels this way about an ex, or is it much more common to talk badly about him/her and focus on the negative. Or any thoughts about the situation?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• No, I don't. I rarely talk about them really. I find it a turn off when a guy (or girl) speaks badly about an ex. I mean, sure there are some people who deserve that talk... but still, you had feelings for them and shared something... bitching just seems immature and makess you seem like you're not over it.

So yes, I agree with you.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 5

• i only have good things to say about him. he was one of the sweetest guys i knew. if they were assholes, why would i even date them?

0|0
    0|0
  • No. I'm good with most of them. I had one ex who was a huge douchelord. I talk shit on him. He deserves it too.

0|0
    0|0
  • They're just trying to support you and make you feel better. I doubt they mean it

0|0
    0|0
  • Hmmm. Honesty I had two exes I didn't really talk crap about my 1st one maybe at 1st I did because It was my 1st relationship and i was hurt and i was told he was talking badly about me all the time with other ppl. But then i didn't really care let him talk I didn't talk because unless it was about my feelings of how I felt and to me that fair game it my feelings and I like to vent and it helps me their no harm.

Now my 2ed i told the truth if people ask imma say it how it is and what I think and their nothing good to say but i dont go out of my way plus most people know the truth about him and his family so I dont really need to say anything. Like I said I vent to my friends and family and it my support and people need to get it off their chest and then after what ever time it takes them to move on the less they need to vent or say anything.

0|0
    0|0
  • I was upset with my ex husband initially, but now that I've had time to heal I don't even bother getting into it.
    There's no fire anymore, I've truly moved on and let go.
    I think it's only natural to want to vent, and if things ended badly people do that.
    Your friends are just trying to "be there" for you, that's why there saying all that.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

• No, i havnt trash talked any of my ex's i enjoyed everyone of them and wouldn't change anything about what we had.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes