How long should a relationship strugle before a break up?

Hi. I have been togheter with my girlfriend for 5 years now, and latetely we both seems a bit sick of each other. Everything she ask me to do my reaction is bah...
we argue a bit, and every time she is drunk we end up in some sort of conflict. Is it time to abandon ship or do you think it will sail through this storm to?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• A relationship should struggle as long as you both still love each other, make one another happier more often than you make each other mad, and stil respect one another.

There are a number of things you can do. Do something for yourself once a week at least. I don't know what guys do for fun, fill that blank in yourself. Do something special for her once a week be it give her a back massage or do the dishes. And do something enjoyable for the both of you at least once a week. She will likely reciprocate all three of these things.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • how is doing the dishes something hed do for her, if they share a place, id think hed want clean dishes to eat from justas much as she would.

• Obviously! Ha, I just meant if she normally does them. Kind of like it would be nice for her to take out the garbage if he normally did. It was a suggestion.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 2

• You should talk to her about what's going on as soon as possible, and if that doesn't help things you should break up.

The longer you take to break up, the more it's going to hurt. 5 years is a long time, but if you aren't happy or working out, it's just not worth it.

0|1
    0|0
  • Start dating her again. It just sounds like things have become routine and boring. Picture your life with out her in it, how does it make you feel. My boyfriend and I have been together for 6years and we have gad our up and downs to but we fight through it because we are worth it in the end. We are stronger for it. At the end of the day it is up to you and her on wither your relationship is worth fighting for.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• It's been 5 years. You'll do fine.Get her to stop drinking and you need to man up and do your part and take interest again. It is a choice.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't do "struggle". It's either awesome or over. Wasting time for both parties.

0|1
    1|1

Recommended myTakes