If your bf/gf dumps you, but still wants to be friends, what will your approach be?

now i know this COULD change depending on why the breakup occurred in the first place.

ill make it the same for everyone: let's use clashing personalities as our example.

so they dump you, but still want u in their life as a friend. how will u react? will u stay or will u walk away?

• Yeh i'll stick around, because even tho he/she hurt me by breaking up, they're still worth my friendship
  • Pfftt… fuck it, I'm leaving. They ain't the only girl/guy in the world.
wow, 15 responses later and its still pretty tight in this poll!

815

Most Helpful Guy

• If it was a friends with benefits type thing, and no real emotional connection, then fine.

If there was an emotional connection, and we break up, then we are done, and there's no "being friends" in most cases, especially if either side still has feelings and wanted the relationship to continue. To be around the person in that situation is just torture, like a hungry man having to smell food cooking but not being allowed to eat - being around the smell only makes the hunger worse. Likewise, hanging out with a person I was once with and still want to be with, but can't have, is torture. That's why most guys make a clean break with a break-up: to avoid that constant reminder of what you want and can't have.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • i see, makes perfect sense. it would be pretty hard for u to b around her.
      if u dont mind me asking 1 more thing. what would u do in a situation where u can't avoid seeing her altogether?

• Then I would be polite/civil, but I'd generally keep my distance and not go out of my way to engage that person in conversation.

• a noble response, thank u. at least u still have the decency to b polite.

Most Helpful Girl

• It usually doesn't work out. I become stone cold and tell them where to go. There's no point in being friends with an ex and it'd always cause arguments. It's also a gateway for them to question every single guy you talk to without looking really weird and paranoid.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE