Is my ex holding me back from moving on?

How can you tell if your ex is holding you back as you date new people? My ex and I parted on good terms and have exchanged a few texts, just to say hello. But I find myself thinking about him a lot, and I am not as interested in checking my dating website as I once was. The guys I've dated recently seem kind of dull. Is this just a phase I'm going through or could my ex be holding me back on a subconscious level?

Have you found yourself in a similar situation? How did you determine it was happening and how did you get around it?

41

Most Helpful Guy

• Is he forcing you to not move on? Is he using psychic powers to hold you? Is he threatening you? He is doing none of those things. You are the only one holding you back from moving on. How dan you think he is holding you back?

Most Helpful Girl

• You just need to wait. It isn't always going to be like this. You'll move on soon, and then your ex will be the least of your concern.
    Till that times arrives though, just try to divert yourself, you're bound to run into someone interesting.
    Took me 1 year to completely get over my last ex.