Girls - Do you regret dating and emotionally abusive Ex?

Suppose your EX boyfriend was:

1. Negative all the time
2. Mood swings all the time from nice to asshole
3. Only nice to you when he wanted sex
4. Hates even the nicest people
5. Only used you for sex and didn't care about you as a person
6. Yelled at you when you tried to initiate calling or texting him

Do you regret wasting all that valuable time loving an asshole like this?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• My first serious relationship was with a guy who was like that. I also lost my virginity to him. Regardless, I don't regret dating him nor what I did with him. I feel like, as cliche as it may sound, it truly was an experience that tauzght me a lot, like what some red flags to look out for are, made me value myself much more, as well as showed me that I should never settle. I definitely don't wear my heart on my sleeve quite as openly as I did with him either.

I'm with a great guy now. In a way, the contrast between the abusive ex and my current boyfriend help me cherish and show my appreciation to him so much more. :)

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes... minus the sex again tho. She was nasty even to my kids. I was so loved up couldn't see it, I pity any man who ends up with her

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 11

• That's more or less what my crush is like... Minus the sex part, because he doesn't even want me. Ehhhhh, I suppose I do regret falling for him. Ever since I met him I haven't been able to fall in love again.

0|0
    0|0
  • Was it terrible? Yes. Do I regret it? In some ways maybe but I'd have to say no. Not because it was worth it or because I liked it, it was one of the worst experiences of my life, emotionally, mentally and physically and sexually abusive with no thought to consent or caring. But it was a really important learning moment for me. I learned how to stand up for myself, take care of myself, and I learned what relationships are and aren't supposed to be. I'm not glad I had to learn it that way but I refuse to let myself become a victim or take other people's pity. I learned from it, and because of it I have n amazing relationship right now with a wonderful man that I wouldn't trade for the world.

Was it bad? Yes. Do I regret it? No. I don't believe in regret.

0|0
    0|0
  • My ex had a little bit on a mood swing issue, but I don't regret it. I just learned how to deal with being with a person like that.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't regret dating him, but I do regret not breaking up with him sooner.

0|0
    0|0
  • well sometimes when you love someone you close your eyes to these things you said. depends how emotional deep was everything. just like rihanna's song hate that i love you.

0|0
    0|0
  • He sounds like a total asshole and I'd never this guy the time of day if he tried to pull that shit with me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. He left me with my own baggage and I'm guarded all the time. I'm really jaded with men.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, you'd learn from your mistakes and move on from there.

0|0
    0|0
  • Who wouldn't? I certainly did, but then again I've moved on. They're out of my life and I haven't turned back!

0|0
    0|0
  • No. I love him.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes very much. I lost out on four year. I could of lost good friends and fam that realy did love me and care about me, even more so giving him something so prescious that it was nothing to him. Using me and loved ones for his benefit and then graining everything and he will never change but Im happy that im out ajd he long gone away from my life i got lucky it could of been way worse I could of got pregnant or even worse married to that guy.
    But at the same time, their were fun moments even tho they werent real and in the moment when I thought he was good it was all worth it and would of been if he was truly what he made believe to be. But I learned a lot and now I know not to let that happen again it was a hard lesson but I can deff say I am way more happier now then I was then. And I know now when to walk out and not let things happen as long as it did.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes