Girls - Do you regret dating and emotionally abusive Ex?

Suppose your EX boyfriend was:

1. Negative all the time
2. Mood swings all the time from nice to asshole
3. Only nice to you when he wanted sex
4. Hates even the nicest people
5. Only used you for sex and didn't care about you as a person
6. Yelled at you when you tried to initiate calling or texting him

Do you regret wasting all that valuable time loving an asshole like this?

121

Most Helpful Girl

• My first serious relationship was with a guy who was like that. I also lost my virginity to him. Regardless, I don't regret dating him nor what I did with him. I feel like, as cliche as it may sound, it truly was an experience that tauzght me a lot, like what some red flags to look out for are, made me value myself much more, as well as showed me that I should never settle. I definitely don't wear my heart on my sleeve quite as openly as I did with him either.

I'm with a great guy now. In a way, the contrast between the abusive ex and my current boyfriend help me cherish and show my appreciation to him so much more. :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes... minus the sex again tho. She was nasty even to my kids. I was so loved up couldn't see it, I pity any man who ends up with her