Is it worth trying to win back my ex?

A week ago, my boyfriend told me he was falling in love with me. It terrified me because I'll be leaving soon, and I was afraid that if he felt that strongly for me, it would really hurt him when I left. I told him I wasn't sure if I felt the same way about him right then, and he said that was fine. I texted him later that night and tried to describe to him what I was feeling, but I phrased it completely wrong and it upset him. He said he couldn't be with someone who didn't entertain the thought that a relationship would become serious, and he broke up with me. A few hours later, he texted me back saying he overreacted. I apologized for what I said, and he said he would forgive me if I forgave him. We both did, and we were back together. After the fact, I tried to show him how grateful I was that we were still together. I was sweeter than normal and asked him to come spend time with me, but he just wouldn't. I really just wanted a chance to explain myself, but he kept saying he moved on (even though I could tell he hadn't) and he wanted to focus on getting better. I stopped attempting to do it because I didn't want to make him upset.
A few days later, he texted me again and told me he didn't see us going anywhere as a couple and we needed to go back to being friends. He said the text I sent him where I tried to explain what I was thinking took his feelings and threw them on the ground like they were nothing. That was the complete opposite of my intentions. I wanted to tell him why I felt the way I did and I wanted us to work on getting through it together. This whole thing happened over text. I feel like if I could have actually talked to him, this wouldn't have happened. I'm going to see him tomorrow, but I won't have time to talk to him. Then he's leaving for three months the next day. He is pretty understanding for the most part, so I feel like it might be worth trying to explain myself once and for all. I really don't want to lose him, but should I even bother?

10

Most Helpful Girl

• If you don't have time to explain or talk, write a well thought out letter and give it to him before he leaves. It's hard expressing yourself quickly through text. Just re-read it and make sure he can't misconstrue anything.