What does a break really mean for a guy?

Bf of one month broke up with me because he said I'm moving too fast and can't give me what I deserve right now. He said he wants a short break. What does a break really mean for a guy?

11

Most Helpful Guy

• What are you doing that makes him think you're moving too fast? Are you trying to move in with him already or something?

Anyway, when I first hear that someone wants a break, I initially think it's about wanting to be with someone else while still keeping you on the line. I'm not a trustful sort, so don't listen to me.
    It could be that he wanted to let you down easy by essentially going through the "it's not you, it's me" routine and keeping your hopes that he might come back.

But it is very possible you're doing something that is bothering him and he just wants to step away temporarily. Hard to say.