Do you still have faith in marriage?

when cheating is on the raise.it shocked me each time knowing such thing happened especially if one of them has been taking good care of the family thus i dont understand why people would hurt each other in this manner...

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes. The problem is not with marriage itself. Generally speaking, it's with the people who are getting married.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 13

• *tackles Kangaru* Nin2 gan3 shuo1!! =-)

I have faith in my wife, the person. There is nothing wrong with the social structure of marriage itself.

I do think marriage is not for everyone. Some people are better off single.

2|0
    0|0
  • It all depends on the character and integrity of the two people in the marriage. If they married for the right reasons, and if they value their bond, then yes, I still have faith in the institution of marriage. The problem is that so many couples today enter into marriage on a lark and a whim, and it really doesn't mean much more to them than when a couple of junior high kids are going steady.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, cause I've lost my faith in people.

People are animals these days, not humans who wish to exercise their capability of higher levels of thought and morality.

3|0
    0|0
  • I've been cheated no by two ex's. one cheated on me multiple times over the span of 1 1/2 years. There were certainly times when I lost faith in the possibility of a honest faithful relationship or marriage

but I do believe everyone is different and there are definitely people capable of being monogamous

0|0
    0|0
      I am capable of monogamous

• I don't doubt it and I know there are plenty of people who are. I agree I don't understand why people choose to hurt and disrespect someone in a relationship when they could just break up with them. it still hurts but at least you can respect an honest decision not to be with someone

• I have faith in marriage because I have faith in people.

Cheating isn't increasing (it's actually likely decreasing, just like violence, crime, etc. have been for a century) but statistics are getting more and more accurate so we're accounting for more data.

The more I study human relationships the more faith I have in people. The more you listen to the common nature of man the more there is to celebrate. I don't know why statistical fear mongering became acceptable but a lot of marriages don't fail and infidelity is majorly a problem in a very specific segment of the married; it's not some insane disease that happens at random either.

To have faith in marriage and no faith in people is like having faith in the idea of friendship but then distrusting all of the people you come across.

1|1
    0|0
    • I like the last paragraph :) u r still my idol *give u a hugz and a kiss

• Bah! Take note I am the only one with this opinion. It is likely wrong. Let's go with that.

• Of course, I'm Catholic so I believe in marriage. Obviously I wouldn't have faith in marriage with someone who also didn't believe in marriage and what that sort of commitment really means

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I do have faith in marriage, as for people that's another story.

1|0
    0|0
  • Men cheating is on the raise? So their salaries are increasing?

That's a pretty sweet deal actually, especially considering the economy and all.

0|0
    1|0
  • I've been cheated on by my last ex.

I don't think cheating is on the rise. I think it happened always in history.

0|0
    0|0
  • For sure I think I will find a good healthy relationship without cheating, but I will never ever get married

0|0
    0|0
  • I still do, every once in awhile you see couples that make it work.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not religious but marriage only seems to work for religious people. I've known so many peopl or heard of so many divorces.

0|0
    0|0
    • Did you know that religious men are more likely to cheat on their wives than atheists? They may still want to stay married, but they're more likely to cheat.

• One day hopefully I will :) so yes I do have faith in it

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 16

• I have faith in marriage.
    I don't have faith in people.

1|1
    0|0
  • Never had any faith in marriage. There's too much pressure to get married for marriage to actually have much meaning. We're not a monogamous species anyway, so in the rare instances where there's a marriage without actual cheating the couple may grow bitter about each other (my parents being a noble exception).

0|0
    0|0
  • I still have faith in it, Im just more aware of all the crap that can happen.

1|0
    0|0
  • yes i do, i will always have faith in marriage, because there are so many couples around us who are living proof that it can work.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I still have faith in marriage. Crazy things are happening in world. We can not be responsible of all of them but we can be responsible of our own actions.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I do and I'm planning on getting married one day

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. I've seen many many examples of great marriages in my life.

1|0
    0|0
  • I used to have it but I think I lost it haha how can I bring it back sis~~~? XD

0|0
    0|0
    • I need help toohahah I am very faithful but I realised people are not and I am the only foolish one

• nah.. you are not foolish one~~~ you just need to find the right one that's all hehe :)

• It exists mei and you can and will have it! :)

• No i don't, you can't have faith in marriage if you can't have faith in the people.

0|0
    0|0
  • I never had faith in marriage...

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course!

0|0
    0|0
  • No I don't

0|0
    0|0
  • I have no faith in marriage not because of the cheating. But because I can't imagine loving someone for the rest of my life.

1|0
    0|0
  • I do still have faith in marriage, because marriage (if I choose it) will be what I make it.
    If I want my marriage to be a happy one, one that lasts, one full of love and laughter, sex and support... then I have to make sure that happens.
    Just because other people have messed up doesn't mean marriage itself should take the fault. People are at fault.

0|0
    0|0
    • Another positive sign. Seriously, why aren't you married yet? :)

• by the way I mean that in an incredulous way not an insulting way.

• I didn't take it as an insult, haha!
      Thanks Pedantic :-)

• I've already been married, but it doesn't scare me from it. I just know what to look for next time. And yes cheating is rampant out there.

1|0
    0|0
  • But I dont think cheating is that much more common than it used to be. I just think sexuality is more open and obvious these days and hookup culture is blatant and in your face, that doesn't mean it didn't exist before. Marriages stayed together despite cheating, not because of its alleged absence.

And cheating can happen outside of marriage as well.

So I don't know how to answer this question. I have opinions about marriage but cheating isn't really a huge part of it. Cheating hurts just as much without a ring as it does with one, and it damages just as badly in many cases.

I wouldn't say I do or dont have faith in marriage. Marriage isn't some sacred thing for me that exists on its own. Its a legal contract of assets and property sharing benefits, rights, etc. Aside from that, each marriage is as good as the people in it. Marriage outside of actual fact of legal contract is just people coming together to make promises they usually can't keep and often hold unrealistic expectations and make unfair sacrifices, usually at the expense of one more than the other and to hold together families that involve children. I guess I dont have much faith in marriage. I'm not emotional enough or dreamy enough for that. I dont think its realistic to expect two people to stay together forever, especially if they marry young. People dont change much in life usually, but they do change enough to make this kind of committment challenging, stifling, they reach points in their lives that bring them to crossroads and evolving ideas of what they want. With marriage you have to essentially count on someone not outgrowing you, not wanting more than you want or less, or anything different. That alone can be enough to break a marriage, along with all the other psychological bullshit I could go into that comes along with any human relationship.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes