My ex and I ended things a while ago but the other night we started texting again because we both had been drinking (we backslid) and it led to an hour long phone conversation where he said he had feelings for me and that he respected me and that the last two years happened because of that and that he's never had this kind of relationship with anyone before and blah blah blah. He said he wanted to try be friends again but then we realized neither of us wanted that... He's moving in a week and he wanted me to come over but it was late so we made tentative plans to see each other before he left. The next day, my friends told me I shouldn't see him, that it would just make it too hard. I was prepared to just not text him or anything but then he texted me saying "yeah. I was a bit tipsy last night, hence my response. Best we don't meet up though. We laid this to rest a while ago, let's leave it there." I don't want to be lectured on how it's over and I just need to move on...I know that but for my own peace of mind, I want to know if he did want to see me but ultimately knows it's just not a good idea or if he really didn't and he was just drunk.
Why did my ex want to see me when drunk but change his mind the next day?
What Guys Said 2
1. They say when one is drunk or tipsy people talk the truth.
2. Fact is they lose inhibitions and control where they say things w/o thinking i.e. emotionally
3. Decision to separate doesn't necessarily come from getting over each other or dislike, it at times comes from certain logical and rational decisions that arise out of observation & experience
4. In your case too it must have been as in point 3 above
5. However, as described in point 2 when you guys got drunk / were tipsy what's described in point 2 happened and when sober point 3 came back :)
You MUST move on :)
Women do tend to get more emotional towards what they want or like / love hence the tendency to hold on to every word that is said in such cases immaterial of situation / condition at that time :) this is exactly what probably prompts you to ask this question here :)
Move on :) & good luck :)0
The short version is that people do and say things when they are drunk that they normally wouldn't when sober. I think his sober response is very mature to be honest and a good idea. It's always baffling to try and understand people's drunk behaviors.0
What Girls Said 0
Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!
Select as Most Helpful Opinion?
You cannot undo this action. The opinion owner is going to be notified and earn 7 XPER points.