How do you break up with someone you are completely in love with but know they are bad for you?

I know the right thing to do is break up with my boyfriend. I know he cheats on me and he left me for Memorial Day weekend to go to the beach with his friend and cousin. He was supposed to be back Tuesday night because today was my cousins funeral. He was supposed to go to the funeral with me and never called r even texted to let me know he wasn't coming back. His one cousin said he's pretty sure he's staying at the beach for two more weeks. I'm so hurt all of his things are at my house and I had offered to watch his dog while he was gone. I do feel like I should end it but I honestly still love him. What should I do?

56

Most Helpful Guy

• the only way you can break up with him is for you to realize that what you call love isn't in fact love. You may love him, or love some idea of him but you aren't IN LOVE which is a two way street.

it seems clear that he doesn't value or respect you the way you deserve.

how do you break up with him?
    Realize that you deserve better and can do better. think of what things may be like in a 1, 5, 10 years down the line. Imagine how you what you would think and what you'd tell a friend who came to you with this scenario.

Most Helpful Girl

• the best thing for you to do is take care of yourself regardless of what he's doing. one way or the other you're going to find out the truth with what he's really been doing. in the meantime, try not to think about him and focus on doing things for yourself. things that will make you feel better or even enrich who you are as a woman and help you realize what you want and deserve in a relationship. take it one step and one day at time. I hope this helps!