How do you break up with someone you are completely in love with but know they are bad for you?

I know the right thing to do is break up with my boyfriend. I know he cheats on me and he left me for Memorial Day weekend to go to the beach with his friend and cousin. He was supposed to be back Tuesday night because today was my cousins funeral. He was supposed to go to the funeral with me and never called r even texted to let me know he wasn't coming back. His one cousin said he's pretty sure he's staying at the beach for two more weeks. I'm so hurt all of his things are at my house and I had offered to watch his dog while he was gone. I do feel like I should end it but I honestly still love him. What should I do?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• the only way you can break up with him is for you to realize that what you call love isn't in fact love. You may love him, or love some idea of him but you aren't IN LOVE which is a two way street.

it seems clear that he doesn't value or respect you the way you deserve.

how do you break up with him?
    Realize that you deserve better and can do better. think of what things may be like in a 1, 5, 10 years down the line. Imagine how you what you would think and what you'd tell a friend who came to you with this scenario.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• the best thing for you to do is take care of yourself regardless of what he's doing. one way or the other you're going to find out the truth with what he's really been doing. in the meantime, try not to think about him and focus on doing things for yourself. things that will make you feel better or even enrich who you are as a woman and help you realize what you want and deserve in a relationship. take it one step and one day at time. I hope this helps!

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• Think about your life and how you desire to be treated.

How do you think you deserve to be treated?

Do you think people who are in love with each other get treated the way you do?

Now make your decision.

0|0
    0|0
  • First you gather some self respect so that you don't continue to be treated like crap. Then you go 'cold turkey'. Block his #, erase him from social media. Make a clean break.

0|0
    0|0
  • You give an ultimatum and mean it. If he fucks up you carry out the ultimatum no matter how much it hurts. Make the choice his !

0|0
    0|0
  • You are wasting your time with him.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm dealing with a similar thing. I'm in love with someone who's not good for me. Listen... Please. Please don't waste any of your life being hurt by people who don't value you. Trust me on this. You seem like a really nice girl. He treats you like crap. Jump ship ASAP! grieve your loss, feel it fully, and I promise you WILL feel better. I hope this helps.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• It will be difficult to do, but you really need to stop all contact. He clearly isn't concerned for you or your feelings. You're going to want to call him or text but don't. Feeling lonely, hurt and angry are all part of the mourning process (yes, we mourn over breakups) Keep yourself busy and your mind off of him. Move on!

0|0
    0|0
  • Oh, you again, told you, you should hit him hard with a break up, but first off cheat on him to make him feel worse

0|0
    0|0
    • Yes me again. How do I do it though? I still love him even after all of this it's so hard

• Show All
    • What do I do with his dog?

• When you dump him, Say to him that his dog has nothing to do with you and so that you will not take care of his dog anymore. Can't you tell his family or friends to take care of the dog and his stuff?

If i would be you i would shut him down immediately, and treat him as a stranger. I can guarantee you that he will be pissed though.

• Gain respect and a good self esteem
    Block his number and that's all

0|0
    0|0
  • Girl, I have been in your shoes. Trust me, you want to end this relationship NOW, before is too late. WHAT A JERK by the way... Your cousins funeral, really? He does not DESERVE you. I understand how you feel. I was in love with a jerk for many years, I was depressed, he cheated on me, then he said he loved me, then cheated again. Then I was in the hospital and he went to the beach with a friend (just like your guy!)... I always thought he was going to change... but he never did. Ending my relationship with him was one of the hardest things I ever did. I cried for many nights... but eventually I started to feel better, and learned to love myself. Now (three years later) I've found the love of my life.
    REMEMBER: You have to love yourself first before you can love others. You are hurting yourself and he does not care. You know the answer to your pain, inside your heart you know what you have to do... You just have to find the strength to do it. Good luck. You deserve love, we all do.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes