My ex might have broken up with me for no reason now?

About a month ago, my ex broke up with me after 7 1/2 months for two reasons: graduation is in December and he will be traveling all over for awhile with his career and doesn't want to drag me into it and he said he isn't ready for a long-term relationship until he gets his life and career together. We always got along and we never got into an argument. He decided to do it early because he said he wants to have me as a friend and believes things would be better between us now than if he broke up with me in a few months or before he graduated then just left. He said he knew we couldn't be friends after that. He said he wanted to do everything he could to keep me around in his life because he really really wants me around still.

But a summer class he has to take that is required might not even happen anymore due to money issues - he is looking for another job as of right now. If this summer class doesn't happen, then he won't be able to graduate on time.

So would this technically defeat a purpose of him breaking up with me in the first place?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 0

Be the first guy to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

What Girls Said 2

• No. He gave you the exact reasons why be was breaking up with you. Whether things work out as planned or not, hr knows it is inevitable that a breakup is going to happen because of where he is in his life, so why not go ahead and just do it.

Appreciate his honesty.

0|0
    0|0
    • That's honestly what I thought, I just needed some sort of confirmation to make sure I wasn't the only one thinking it. Thank you.

• Ur welcome.

• No I don't think so. It's not like he knew that was going to happen. At the time, he was looking out for what was best.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes