Guys - Is this the best advice you ever heard?

A friend who's been through a lot of therapy said this to me... "Make sure the girl you marry has a good relationship with her father". Everything is so clear to me now

93

Most Helpful Girl

• You know, I think this can be true if the woman has not chosen to heal past wounds and become a better person. As someone who did not have a healthy relationship with my own father, I can attest to the damage it does and the scars it leaves.. You don't trust, you have anger and resentment towards the opposite gender and this anger and resentment surfaces it's ugly little head when you try to get into a relationship.
    That said, you CAN work through your issues and heal old wounds even if your father doesn't change or is no longer around. It's a choice to deal with the pain and baggage that having a bad relationship with your father, as a woman, brings. You can overcome it like any other issue in life.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE