Find the guts to do the deed so I can move on.?

Does anyone have any experience with this. You're with someone for a few years, you finally realize that you can't be with them anymore and no matter how many times you tell yourself that, you just can't do it. How is this overcome? I'm not experienced enough as the leaver unfortunately.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I was in a relationship for 5 years with my ex everything was going well and then our love for each other started drifting away. Unfortunately I broke up with because I didn't know where I stood with him in our relationship. It was hard for me seeing his face everyday I just wanted to fall but I had to stand tall. Plus he wasn't really making a commitment to our relationship he always said he missed me but never took the time out to see me. Made excuses then and there and I just didn't want to do anymore I was doing all the work. It was hard very hard it takes a couple of months to move on from an old but let's face he didn't deserve anyways. If it makes you happy do it. Sometimes you got to stop thinking about your partner and do what makes YOU happy. Its hard at first but in the end it's totally worth it.

0|0
    0|0
    • Glad I'm not the only one

• Your not alone being with ex was like being on a roller coaster it was on and off on and off up and down up and down and then I was like i gotta move on

Most Helpful Guy

• It's tough to do for sure but you gotta do it. I am in the same situation right now as well, and I just did it. It wasn't a few years it was only 1 year. So yours may be a lot harder to do but if your having the gut feeling about it then you gotta go with the gut. If you stay cause you feel bad doing it, or you tell yourself to try to make it work and give it another chance, your gonna feel even worse a few months down the road if you stick it out. Then your gonna wanna break it off again then. Basically, what I am trying to say is, your feeling that you should leave & she isn't right will never leave you. I tried that and it just made me even more unhappy so I just said screw it & ended it last week. I still loved the girl dearly, she was sweet & a great girl, but I couldn't see myself with her down the road. I knew she was not the one for me. It was super hard to do cause we had great times, and I knew she loved me dearly. But it had to be done now as I could not see myself with her down the road. Go with your gut & do what is best for you or your gonna be miserable. Your not a bad person for it, it isn't your fault (you may feel guilty), you just know she's not the one & it's time to move on. Good luck my friend!

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 2

• Remember you are in charge of your own happiness!! And if you aren't happy you need to leave. I was in a relationship for 4 years on and off and wasn't happy for 2 of them and it took me cheating on him to realize I couldn't do it anymore. Just wish it didn't take that kind of act to realize it. We even slept together a few months after he found out and had been broken up. And there was no connection no passion love anything it was plain and simple just sex

0|0
    0|0
    • That sounds rough

• It is what it is, I'm just saying don't be with someone who no longer makes you happy

• YOu gottta find a way to tell her that spark has died.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

• You just do it!! There is no magic solution--well there is it's Alcohol but she won't take you seriously if you're drunk. You just tell her pretty much what you just wrote, "it's really hard for me but I've realized that this relationship isn't going to go anywhere. I had a great time but I'm doing you a disservice by dragging this along."

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes