Who here has gotten back together with an ex before, was it worth it?

I'm just wondering who has gotten back with an ex before and was it worth it? Was it better the 2nd time around?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I have. It didn't work. In both cases it was an ex who cheated. me being the soft hearted lover I am felt like maybe I could forgive the mistake and move on... I learned in both cases moving on after infidelity is nearly impossible. I can't easily get over it and the ex's both couldn't deal with the guilt or the residual anger I felt even a few days or weeks after the fallout

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• My ex got back together with me but it wasn't worth it. I should've thought about it at least before jumping and hitting my head. I'd say don't go back to your ex unless you are really sure of your decision. I didn't know where I stood with my ex in our relationship anymore. And I felt like I was being played second in our relationship. He didn't treat me right he treated me like a dog. Don't go back to an old love because it's like reading the same chapter over and over again when you already know how it ends. Move on and don't ever look back.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• My cousin ended up dating her high school bf again when she was in her mid 20's, and they are now married with kids.

They needed to grow up a bit.

If nothing's changed, things will end the same, but sometimes things HAVE changed.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have. It worked out. Were still together.

Worth noting, we broke up in our late teens/early 20s, volatile and developmental ages for many.

2|0
    0|0
  • When we broke i was devastated and for the 3 weeks we were apart I was a walking corpse. We got back together and lasted another 2 years , I left her a month ago and I'm feeling ok, I heard she's not doing to well.

0|0
    0|0
  • I did. She left me a few times and regretted it. I took her back and we're long distance for about a year because she skipped town the last time she dumped me. We were good for a while, and then I met someone who treats me with love and respect. Now I have to end it and I still feel completely torn because of all the time and work I've put into it. My advice, don't do it unless you're sure. Totally sure. Other than that, leave the past behind.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• No.
    He cheated on me.
    We got back after 7-8 months. It was long distance, and he came to visit the first time after moving. We hung out a lot and told each other we still had feelings for each other. It was stupid because we broke up because we couldn't handle the distance and that situation really wasn't gonna change.
    Anyhow, it depends on your situation. If the reason that caused your break up doesn't exist anymore, I guess it's fine. Otherwise, it's stupid

0|0
    1|0
  • We got back together and got married eventually. Now we are separating for some of the same reasons we broke up in the past over. If I could do it over, I would have moved on back then instead of resorting back to someone just because it's comfortable.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes