Why do guys say their "trying"?

Boyfriend and I broke up about a month ago. We still talk and it's like he keeps me on the back burner. We have tried to say goodbye several times ad can't but I won't fully commit. He's a workaholic and giving me his time is hard. I told him to just completely let me go if he doesn't want this relationship. And his response was I will seriously try. But then worked so late he bailed on plans 2 nights in a row. I asked if there will ever be room for me in his life and if he even wants this relationship and again he said "I will really try leave it at that". What does that even mean. Ugh I feel so confused on what to do.

21

Most Helpful Guy

• He says he is trying because that keeps you as an option for when he has nothing better to do. He has already let you go. You are the one holding on to him. You need to let him go.

• Then why won't he tell me to go. When he thinks I'm going out with other guys he gets pissed and when I yell him I'm leaving that's when he says he will try?

Most Helpful Girl

• For starters To me it seems like he is afraid to let you go for the simple fact that u asked him does he want the relationship and he can't just say yes imma move on, he doesn't seem to want to let you go but at the same time he is working so much and you want time but all he can think to say is I'm trying , kinda letting you know he is trying to make some time for you in between his work schedule