Need advice about what to do because I was really hurt and deleted all my email from my ex husband's email?

My husband left me for another woman about 3 years ago. In that time, he has now moved in with her and want my kids and them to have a happy family. I don't know that I have ever really divorced him emotionally. Last week, he sent me over the edge, calling me names, saying horrible things, etc. As a result, I went into his email and deleted all email from me in the account. I don't know what I was thinking at the time. Actually, I wasn't thinking and my behavior was a wake up call. I have since started counseling.

Now, here's the problem. My ex knows I did it and is beyond mad. What are the consequences for doing this? I am really scared! Can I go to jail for deleting email?

I have full custody of my kids. Think he has had them over night a grand total of 20 days in the past year. My kids are old enough to tell judge what they want as well. More worried about consequences for my stupidity and raw emtions.

03

Most Helpful Guy

• I've never heard of someone going to jail for this kind of stuff. Email doesn't fall under the same laws as paper mail. If you just know his password and thus can go in I think you are 100% ok but if you hacked in you may potentially be liable for some sort of privacy invasion (but that depends on your state's laws)...

frankly I don't think you have anything legally to worry about

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE