First boyfriend, should I break up with him?

I have been with my boyfriend for almost 2 years now. I am 22 he's 26. He wants me to be the mother of his kids and wants to be with me, but I keep thinking something isn't quite right. We fight at least once a month ( a real nasty fight) and I am not sexually or physically attracted to him anymore. I deeply care about him but I don't think I could ever marry him and be happy with that, I haven't had the chance to grow or see other people, live in my own place...things I should be doing. I don't want to end up in a loveless marriage with two kids and resent it.

Everytime I break up with him, he always manipulates me to come back to him. I am fed up with his lying ways and all the problems he has psychologically.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• 100% break up with him. I have never heard a more clear, confident and decisive explanation of how you feel about not wanting to be with him. It is one thing to care for someone. It is different to care and wanting spend the rest of your life with someone and have a family with them. You are a good person. You are concerned about hurting him if you leave. That is why it is so hard. You need to think about yourself, and what you want. Of course he will not agree with you and try anything he can to manipulate you into getting what he wants. You will hurt him, that's just the way it is during a break up. He will get over it. You should not feel guilty or like you did/done something wrong. You need to do what is right for you!!! Good Luck!

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Move on. Him manipulating you does not seem right. Also he is your 1st boyfriend and your only 22. You should be having fun and experiencing life, not stressing about a guy who is already making plans for a disastrous future if you continue down this path.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 5

• He's your first boyfriend, but that doesn't mean he has to be your last.
    If you're not attracted to him and he just manipulates, it won't work.
    Plus, he only manipulates you because you let him. No is no. You should put your foot down. End it for good.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you're not happy and aren't really attracted to him anymore that seems like a good reason to break up. He should not be manipulating you, it's your choice! Do what will make you happy.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you stay with him you'll regret it so just break up and if he tries bringing you back ignore him

0|0
    0|0
  • So, break up and commit to it; ultimately its your choice

0|0
    0|0
  • I am gonna tell your bf that you are about to dump him...

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes