Guys: I'm the one who messed up and I've spent the last few months trying to get over him but?

I'm the one who messed up and I've spent the last few months trying to get over him but when I take two steps forward I'm set back 5 more and it's starting to make me think that I need to try ONE last time to see if things can work.

How can I get him back?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I can identify with u. I too messed up with a girl in a two way love with me. Piece of advice: if it doesn't work out, try pouring out your heart in a private diary or confiding in sum 1. It helps

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• Unfortunately the odds of this working out are slim, but the best way is to talk to him and let him know you still have feelings.

0|1
    0|1
  • what did you do exactly

0|1
    0|0
    • A super bitch

• Show All
    • sounds kinda doucebagish i wouldn't tell that to a girl i apparently loved dont tell me you got with him for his just for his looks lol those relationships never last

• Lol not at all!

• if you dont know how to get a guy back, than you never will

0|0
    0|0
    • Then tell me

• depends on what was done to mess it up

• Start by apologizing. and don't just scream I'm sorry! and the start crying. Explain yourself, tell him specifically why you are sorry and what for and offer him a reason to believe you have changed. It could work, but it might not depending on how much damage you caused.. but it's your best shot.

0|0
    0|0
    • Did that already.
      We've gotten into before but this is the first time that it was actually my fault and I didn't realize it at first. I sent 7 msgs in like a two week time span then he don't talk to him. Waited two weeks tried again but things seems to only escalate and he was really mean so after I backed off completely and haven't said anything since. I think I should give up but a part of me says no, not to.

• I'm not a big fan of "moving on" which usually means running away when things get slightly difficult, but hon, I'm afraid it is over...sorry :(

• Thank you!

• What happened?
    If you really feel like it then i think you should try again. Make sure to have a straight, honest conversation with him. If he really likes you then he will understand.

0|0
    1|0
    • I apologized and he seemed unwilling so I took a step back now I don't know if I should leave it that way or try again. My pride obviously says "no he's rejected once (or twice) the same will probably come out of it. Let him come to you now"

• Show All
    • Longest I'll wait or give him time is until the end of September lol.
      Feels like he's moved on but that he hasn't just for right now like until he thinks everything is good with me

• Lol okay. Maybe you should just move on also. It may even be for the best.. so he wants to be friends?

What Girls Said 3

• One night stand

0|0
    0|0
    • Not at all. Didn't have sex until well after a year.

• It will get him thinking about u in a positive way which could be a stepping stone to getting together

• I don't know what you did but I am in a similar situation to you. I only dated him and I screwed up. I see him weekly at work and I think I pissed him off. I was planning on confronting him today and telling him how I feel however, I was too scared. My friends say to move on but I just can't. It's like my mind is saying it meant nothing and I need to move on but my heart is like I want another chance. I know this doesn't help much for you but I guess it just shows that you are not alone. I wish I had enough courage to confront him and tell him one last time but I can't maybe you are braver then me and can try?

0|0
    0|1
    • We've gotten into before but this is the first time that it was actually my fault and I didn't realize it at first. I sent 7 msgs in like a two week time span then he don't talk to him. Waited two weeks tried again but things seems to only escalate and he was really mean so after I backed off completely and haven't said anything since. I think I should give up but a part of me says no, not to

• While I haven't been brave enough to follow my heart I really think I should and I plan on it next time I see him. I think you should follow your heart as I think it is better then always wondering!

• Lol my pride is about as bad as any man

• Well, this is a bit difficult..xD
    You could try apologizing for what you messed up on...and ask if he'll give you a second chance. It depends on his personality and what you messed up on, to be honest.

0|0
    0|1
    • I did apologize but he seemed to be unwilling to forgive so I took a step back but now I don't know if he's with someone else or if I should try again.

• Show All
    • Yeah, he probably felt a bit hurt maybe? But don't let other people decide for you what to do. ^^ You can just take other people's opinions, maybe consider them/think it through, then decide what you want to do. c: Best of luck!

• Yea I'm only asking to take them into consideration my friends (all single) say let it go, he's not worth it you'll be fine.

Recommended myTakes