My fiance' left me and said he wants to talk but hasn't said anything. I don't understand?

My fiance' and I were together for nearly 3 years. He had just proposed to me a about 2 weeks before we broke up. We had a really special life and love together although we lived apart after living together for a year. This caused a lot of frustration and doubt from both of our sides. He left for work, it was a mistake we both regreted later. Through the turbulance we were always able to tackle the problems we had and still had a special life, hobbies, and plans for our future. I had thought once we were engaged/married everything would sort itself out because we would be able to actually make solutions to our problems.

The break up - we had known that there was a possibility that he would get a job overseas (I am gainfully employeed and make more than him here). But we had talked about what a great experience it would be and we always said we would just elope (talked about this over a year). After getting engaged THE CALL came and he accepted the job, I resolved that sense we had just got engaged and it gave us an out of the LDR that I would quit my job, sell my, home, and just go with him but we had to elope so I could go with him ASAP. We planned it all out to the T, and then he decided he didn't want to get married. The second option; ok then just withdraw and we can stay here together and keep truckin until we are ready as a couple. He didn't want to do this either. Within a week he packed out and demolished the beautiful home we had built together; but after he was done trailer and all, came to talk with my at my families saying he wants to talk, upset, and it felt sincere. I have tried to talk with him sense then but he has been just angry and bitter cutting all remaining ties... I dont understand what is going on, I love him dearly, and I want to forgive. But I feel like he's just keeping me on the hook incase something else doesn't work out. We haven't talked in 2 days. I'm hurting and dont know what to do, or have any clue what he thinking.

A little more info - literally a week before he got his job, and couple days after we got engaged; I turned down a new job in an agency that I have been busting my butt to get into for over 2 years; simply because it was the right thing to do for us.

01